FL- day room- Rodeway inn

setsail

We just used the Rodeway Inn on 84 for a day room. Around 61$ with tax, the room was from 10am to 5pm.

This hotel caters to cruisers straight up, the staff is amazing-something you would expect at a much higher end hotel, announcements are even made to cruisers to keep them informed of shuttle progress to and from the port. If you are going here from the port I would advise just using a taxi, we did.

There is a restaurant on prem , good pricing, great burgers

This is the only hotel we could find in Fort Lauderdale that advertises day rooms up front. We have used the Bahia Marr a few years ago by calling when getting off the ship and another poster reported on here using pier66 by calling the morning leaving the ship. We wanted a firm resi because we were traveling with friends so Rodeway was the choice

The hotel is landscaped as good as any on 17th street. One in our party used the pool and said it was nice and the water warm

The rooms we had were on the 1st floor, enter from outside. They were clean with good ac and very good beds, coffee pot, fridge, TV, full bath

Summary, this is a older hotel, nothing fancy, no walk to shopping/eating. Red roof inn is next door, believe that has a restaurant also. We would stay here again for a day room if I had to have a firm resi, its tons better than sitting in the airport. Would not use this hotel for the day/night before. 17th street area is much nicer with great restaurants.

Regardless of what's said here or elsewhere its very apparent that tons of cruisers use this hotel every week all year. They also have some kind of parking package for those that drive.

If I had a choice, if other nicer hotels advertised day rooms, I would pay more. I think if one had a list of hotels near the port and wanted to take the time to start going down the list and calling you might luck into a day room

Wish hotels in Fort Lauderdale would offer this upfront, hope some are reading

Thank you very much for your report. We have a day room booked for the end of our cruise in January and this makes me feel a little more confident in our selection.

Like you said, much better than spending the day at the airport.

Thank you very much for your report. We have a day room booked for the end of our cruise in January and this makes me feel a little more confident in our selection.

Like you said, much better than spending the day at the airport.

I forgot to add, the shuttle to the airport is free (the driver should be tipped) and you need to sign up for the time you want when checking in. Its only runs on the hour, limited seating. So, if you need another time, you will have to call a taxi

• 4 weeks later...