Review of Jade-December 3-13, 2014

Educators2

Hi what form of ID do you need to get on and off the ship in port:confused: ,I know in italy you are supposed to keep you passport on you , do you need another form of ID in other countries not keen to carry 4 passports everywhere,or is your cruise card enough ID . Thank you :D

Thank you so much we are sailing on the Jade 3/1/2015 for 21 nights ,did you prebook Greece olympia ,I was hoping we could just walk off the boat and join up with a tour . We have mainly booked tours with our meet&greet fellow cruisers . In Athens we to are hoping to make our way to the Acropolis from the port as we are doing the free athens walking tour,Thanks for the bus info have added it to my notes.:D Candy mum

We are on that cruise too! See you soon! :D

Make a copy of your passport and take it with you. We were told to take copies of our passports and not to take the original. Anyone not in the EU had their passports collected and returned after we reached Turkey. I don't recall anyone asking for a photo ID. All ports had security screening.

Anyone not in the EU had their passports collected and returned after we reached Turkey.

Wow, that must be new. It didn't happen (at least not to U.S. cruisers) on the Nov. 12 cruise. That said, we carried copies of our passports everywhere, but they were never checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, that must be new. It didn't happen (at least not to U.S. cruisers) on the Nov. 12 cruise. That said, we carried copies of our passports everywhere, but they were never checked.

Not new, seen that happen for non-EU citizens two times when boarding Jade in Venice, in 2013 and 2014.

Edited by Demonyte

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because Turkey is not in the EU/Schengen area.

Not new, seen that happen for non-EU citizens two times when boarding Jade in Venice, in 2013 and 2014.

I've had this happen when I've sailed from different ports. I'm merely pointing out that when I cruised the exact same itinerary on the same ship three weeks before the OP, we kept our passports in our possession for the entire cruise. And I am not from the EU. So something must have changed from Nov. 12 to Dec. 3. Unless NCL made a mistake on our cruise.

Hi,

We took the Delta flight from Rome. Delta also has a non-stop to JFK from Venice at about 1:00 p.m. You will have plenty of time to make your flight. We did not walk off with our luggage. Debarkation was very easy, not chaotic at all.

Have a great time.

Thanks, we are on JFK-VCE and VCE-JFK. I believe our flight leaves VCE around 1:20pm on the 23rd; so we won't have to rush to get off.

Bear in mind that Venice airport has been known to be very slow at getting people checked in and through security.

Thanks for the great review!! We are boarding the Jade on 2/4 and are excited for our 21 day cruise. Do you know if interior cabins have a clothes line in the shower? We are new to NCL, I know both RCCL and Princess do, but just wanted to make sure the Jade does also. Thanks so much.

I think there was a clothesline, but we had a balcony. It was very high up in the shower. There is an option for a bag of laundry for close to $30. We had free laundry but always paid for the special when we weren't platinum.

I did some hand-washing in the sink and everything dried over-night.

Have a great trip.

Thanks for the great review!! We are boarding the Jade on 2/4 and are excited for our 21 day cruise. Do you know if interior cabins have a clothes line in the shower? We are new to NCL, I know both RCCL and Princess do, but just wanted to make sure the Jade does also. Thanks so much.

There are clothes lines in the shower of the interior cabins on the Jade. We always use them for drying our bathing suits.

For those of you who were on a 14-21 day cruise on Jade; I have a few questions.

1. When do they offer the bag of laundry deal?

2. Of all the specialty restaurants which was your personal favorite and which one has the best dessert? What was the dessert?

3. On sea days when does the pool get crowded? Do I need to have my stuff there at 6am?

4. Are the staff friendly and did you ever see the Captain?

5. Last question. How was the cruise director?

Hi,

We were on the 10 day cruise. The laundry special, which we did free as Platinum, was on the seventh day (Wednesday before a Saturday debarkation). Everything was pressed beautifully, no problem. Generally, the special is also offered earlier in the cruise.

We liked LeBistro, Cagney's and Jasmine Garden. Best dessert, creme brûlée in LeBistro (classic creme brûlée) and tiramisu in LaCucina.

Join the Meet and Greet and you will meet the officers. They take questions. Jovo, the Hotel Director, had a question box at Guest Services. All staff were friendly. Put in for dinner with an officer.

It was December, so not pool weather. Kids were in hot tubs, though.

I had no real interaction with the cruise director. He let me have the microphone for the Meet and Greet which was very helpful.

Susan