excursion help

rako

Hi,

We are family of 4 (39,38,11,8) going on Carnival Glory from Miami to W. Carribean from dec 20-27.

We have planned below.

1. Costa Maya (Tropicante or CHACCHOBEN RUINS: native choice tours)

2. Belize (CaveTubing)

3. Mahogany bay, Roaton (Bodden tours - Sun n Fun)

4. Cozumel. (ParadiseIsland / MrSanchos / Ruins?)

Tropicante seems cheaper than PAradiseISland or MrSanchos (between 1 and 4).

Ruins seems short trip in Costa maya.

Are there any ruins that we can visit in Cozumel ?

This is the first time we are going to W. Carribean. Since this was a last minute trip, we already spent some moolah on the cruise and flights :D :eek:

Small info about us: I dont drink. Husband is a light drinker - so All inclusive - not sure about that.

Please suggest. I am not able to decide t his myself :(

Hi,

We are family of 4 (39,38,11,8) going on Carnival Glory from Miami to W. Carribean from dec 20-27.

We have planned below.

1. Costa Maya (Tropicante or CHACCHOBEN RUINS: native choice tours)

2. Belize (CaveTubing)

3. Mahogany bay, Roaton (Bodden tours - Sun n Fun)

This is the first time we are going to W. Carribean. Since this was a last minute trip, we already spent some moolah on the cruise and flights :D :eek:

Small info about us: I dont drink. Husband is a light drinker - so All inclusive - not sure about that.

We LOVED Tropicante! We were four adults. I emailed Steve for directions, which were very clear, inexpensive, and easy to follow, and four lounge chairs by the water. (He didn't charge for use of the chairs, he did ask if we could possible buy a drink or snack. Not necessary to do so, though.)Where we arrived, the chairs were waiting for us, inches from the beautiful ocean. We had two buckets of beer, one pina colada, one large fish ceviche, freshly made guacamole with chips, and freshly made salsa with chips. The food was absolutely delicious! The service was better than on the cruise ship. Including gratuity, we paid a total of $70.00. That's it.

On Belize, we booked a cave tubing tour with VIV tours. It was great. The reason we chose VIV was that they were the only tour that tethered the tubes together. Every other company we checked had people put their feet under the arm pits of the people in front of them. Gross!!! I didn't want someone's potentially stinky feet under my pits and I certainly did not want to put my feet under any one else's pits!

We just went to the beach on Mahogany Bay.

We went to Mr. Sanchos on Cozumel, but not the all-inclusive side.

Good luck deciding. Have a great cruise.

Hi,

We had a great time at Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Pricing there is ala carte, I think it was $2 admission and we got our boys wrist bands to play on the water inflatables for about $12 each. We had a really good time.

When I went cave tubing with cavetubing.bz two years ago, they linked everyone together with clips. I don't think anyone uses feet anymore. Friends of mine went to Nachi and said it was awesome. Other friends with to mr sanchos and said it was aaaamazing and worth the money.

Definitelycave tube in belize, its the thing to do there.

If i could make a suggestion for Roatan.... Try Little French Key. You won't regret it. They have the monkeys like victor bodden, but it's an animal sanctuary and you can tell the people there really love their animals and the island. you can feel good about spending your money there, even in the gift shop.... the girl in the gift shop told me they donate some of their profits to the local childrens shelter.

They have a lion with a cleft lip, a 1 year old jaguar named Simba, a variety of birds and monkeys, a honey bear, a donkey, some small furry little thing I can't remember what they're called

It's 88 per person including lunch and two drinks!

If we ever go back to costa Maya we would do the ruins. We did all inclusive beach, but cozumel is much nicer to do this at. We did nachi cocum.

Roatan we did ziplining/Tabayna beach, and then they had buses so you could go back to the ship when you wanted. I highly recommend this tour. It was awesome. You stated at the top of the mountain and last line put you at the ocean. I think there were 13 in all.

We have done Paradise Beach in Coz a couple of times and it is very nice, kids would like the beach. We are going to Coz again on our upcoming NYE trip on the Liberty and this time we are doing the "Cozumel Amazing race", our 12 yr old son cannot wait. The reviews are great and it seems like a lot of fun plus a chance to get a little immersed in the culture and interact with the locals...:)