Millennium AquaClass?

Scottydogs

We are considering a cruise on the Millennium in an AquaClass stateroom. We have previously cruised on Princess in mini-suites. We realize the AquaClass rooms are smaller but are confused about the layout of the room. On the Celebrity website the diagram shows the sofa next to the balcony but on the picture of the room it shows the bed next the balcony. We have also looked at some videos on You Tube and the rooms do not look like what it is shown on the website. Can someone who has recently sailed on the Millennium tell us what the AquaClass rooms currently look like? Thanks for your help.

We are considering a cruise on the Millennium in an AquaClass stateroom. We have previously cruised on Princess in mini-suites. We realize the AquaClass rooms are smaller but are confused about the layout of the room. On the Celebrity website the diagram shows the sofa next to the balcony but on the picture of the room it shows the bed next the balcony. We have also looked at some videos on You Tube and the rooms do not look like what it is shown on the website. Can someone who has recently sailed on the Millennium tell us what the AquaClass rooms currently look like? Thanks for your help.

They are showing photo's of Aqua cabins on two different class of ships. On the M class ships (which you are on) all the sofas are by the balcony but on the S class ships the room configuration alternates the sofa position between having it by the bath and the next door cabin having it by the balcony. Confusing I know lol. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Christine Frances

Hi SCOTTYDOGS,

Welcome to Celebrity

Good info here by CHRISTINE FRANCES

May I suggest that if you are in the process of selecting a cabin on The Millienium that you consult the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum... As there are certainly some cabins that are considered better / more desireable than others

Cheers!

We were on the Constellation this summer (M class ship) in an Aqua class room #9090. When entering the room, you passed the bathroom and closets, then the bed, and finally, just before the balcony door there were the desk and the couch.

I hope this helps.

We love Celebrity AquaClass. Prior to this, we also cruised a few times in the Princess mini-suites. You will find the cabin on Celebrity smaller. There isn't a bath-tub and the closet/storage space doesn't exist. But, you'll have access to Blu (you can read all about that on this board) and the Persian Gardens. There are also other perks, but I consider these two to be the main ones. If dining in Blu doesn't appeal to you, you may find the mini-suite on Princess to be preferable. Then again, there are other differences between Princess and Celebrity that could positively affect your experience (cabin aside). Enjoy the new experience, and hope you like it!

They are showing photo's of Aqua cabins on two different class of ships. On the M class ships (which you are on) all the sofas are by the balcony but on the S class ships the room configuration alternates the sofa position between having it by the bath and the next door cabin having it by the balcony. Confusing I know lol. Hope this helps]

Thanks for confirming what I had suspected - that the photos of the staterooms were kind of generic.

A different question now: Are the concierge and aqua s/r's larger on the M than on the S class? I think I had read that here on the boards. Our cruise in April on the Summit we will be in an Aqua for the first week, then moving to a C1 aft the second. Getting the best of both worlds I think. :D

• 3 weeks later...
We were on the Constellation this summer (M class ship) in an Aqua class room #9090. When entering the room, you passed the bathroom and closets, then the bed, and finally, just before the balcony door there were the desk and the couch.

I hope this helps.

I have 9090 on the Millennium I think it is similar to the constellation. How was the room. Any unexpected drips on the balcony or excessive noise?

We were in AQ 1132 on Millennium on the 11-23-14 sailing. Great room and location, would book it again in a heart beat!

We have family joining us on our next cruise, so we can't book AQ as we wouldn't eat in Blu very often.

Avalon Scenery Burgundy and Provence-June 2010

Celebrity Infinity Alaska-May 2012

Celebrity Century Pacific Wine-Sept 2012

Celebrity Millennium N Alaska-July 2013

Celebrity Century Pacific Coastal-May 2014

Celebrity Millennium Malaysia and Indonesia-Nov 2014

Celebrity Millennium Southbound Alaska May 2015

Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal September 2015

I've been in 9108 a couple of times on M class ships...just two doors down...can I help?

On the M class ships the Aqua and Concierge class cabins are larger than standard balcony cabins. On the S class ships the balcony cabins are the same size and only the amenities and parks change. There are 4 Concierge class cabins on the M class ships that are either a little larger or have larger balconies with enhanced cabins. They are on deck 6. The two larger cabins are 6144 and its mirror cabin on the port side. The larger balcony cabins with enhanced cabin features are 6135 and its mirror image on the port side. The later two cabins are connecting cabins to the suite.

Memargie, I don't know what you mean about drips but the overhang works well except in the roughest rain.

There is plenty of room between the bathroom wall and the bed in the Aqua/Concierge class cabins if that was a concern in the M class fleet. There are night stands on either side of the beds. There is an oval table in front of the couch. There is ample space between this and the desk unit. The cabin has plenty of storage for two for a two week, or longer, cruise.

I have 9090 on the Millennium I think it is similar to the constellation. How was the room. Any unexpected drips on the balcony or excessive noise?

We loved the room! No problem with noise from adjacent rooms or above/below. Very little noise from the hallway. I do not remember any problems on the balcony - we enjoyed many relaxing moments out there. There was also a shortcut along the edge of the iLounge to the opposite side elevators that was very convenient.