When are VIFP points awarded?

angiegal

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered repeatedly, but I just can't seem to find the answer anywhere. So when are the points awarded, before or after the cruise? For instance, I currently have 23 points. I am booked for an upcoming 5 day cruise. When I step onto the ship, will I be gold or red?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered repeatedly, but I just can't seem to find the answer anywhere. So when are the points awarded, before or after the cruise? For instance, I currently have 23 points. I am booked for an upcoming 5 day cruise. When I step onto the ship, will I be gold or red?

Gold

Our cruise two weeks ago wasn't awarded until we returned. Since gold starts at 25, my thought is that start of this cruise will still be red.

I've seen a number of other threads that people mentioned they are just a few days short of platinum for the cruise they are headed out on. Other than the past guest party with watered down drinks that are hard to come by you aren't missing anything though. :)

Since you will reach 25 days on the cruise, you will receive Gold benefits and your cruise documents should state Gold.

Your VIFP status online will not change from red to gold until after you return from the cruise.

Thanks everyone. It seems like a really stupid question, I'm sure. We took a break for a few years to have another baby, but we are ready to start cruising again! I never went to any of the past guests parties before and there really aren't any perks to being gold vs. red that I would care about. I just wasn't looking forward to a red sail and sign card in the middle of my collection. (Lame, I know:D)

I just wasn't looking forward to a red sail and sign card in the middle of my collection. (Lame, I know:D)

I feel the same way. Our last cruise was under the old program so I have 1 blue and 2 gold cards. Next cruise is a 7 day cruise, which will put me at 26 pts.

It will be kinda funny that our family will have 3 different color cards. Blue for my toddler, red for my husband, and gold for me.

I feel the same way. Our last cruise was under the old program so I have 1 blue and 2 gold cards. Next cruise is a 7 day cruise, which will put me at 26 pts.

It will be kinda funny that our family will have 3 different color cards. Blue for my toddler, red for my husband, and gold for me.

my collection of carnival cards is 1 blue, 1 gold (old program), 1 red and then 1 gold again

Edited by shof515

If you change levels DURING a cruise, you will be given the new level card at check in on that cruise and enjoy all the benefits of your new level from the very beginning of your cruise.

HOWEVER, your status in the Carnival computer will not change until after the cruise when the voyage posts to your cruise history.

I became Diamond on the 5th day of a 7 day cruise and my White card was given to me upon embarkation.