If booked w/PCC, can I transfer to a TA? Any benefit to PCC?

dcsam

In the past, we've booked with both our PCC and a large travel agency. Our PCC has done just a smudge of work - answering just a couple questions for us a out an AK cruise. But I see that a nice shipboard credit can be had by booking with the large TA. Plus, I really like a few extras should we decide to book with the large TA.

I don't want to offend our PCC, but can I book with her then transfer the booking to the large TA? Will she get any 'cut'? And would something like that be, well... Just rude?

As you booked with Hal, yes you can transfer to your own TA It is done all the time for the reason you mentioned, especially with on board bookings. Hal has already "caught the fish" so I'd assume their PPC would get a cut as you stated.

I myself have a similar question and did not think it warrented starting a new thread. If I am wrong, I apologize, but the same posters would probably have the answers to both our similar questions.

Can I change TA'S? I am with a large company, and I would rather give my booking to a different company, but am embarrassed to ask her. I think she will match my OBC.............what should I do? What about the insurance we already bought? I guess that will be lost? I feel lost and ignored with this cubed bread salad topping agency.:(

Edited by Ocean Dancer

As you booked with Hal, yes you can transfer to your own TA It is done all the time for the reason you mentioned, especially with on board bookings. Hal has already "caught the fish" so I'd assume their PPC would get a cut as you stated.

I myself have a similar question and did not think it warrented starting a new thread. If I am wrong, I apologize, but the same posters would probably have the answers to both our similar questions.

Can I change TA'S? I am with a large company, and I would rather give my booking to a different company, but am embarrassed to ask her. I think she will match my OBC.............what should I do? What about the insurance we already bought? I guess that will be lost? I feel lost and ignored with this cubed bread salad topping agency.:(

If you need someone to hold your hand and be at you beckon call, then the cruise line is the place for you. If you want to save some serious cash, the right online agency will do that for you. I prefer Celebrity, but I still use Holland for certain iteneraries. Last fall I booked a B2B on Celebrity which was a 13 day Med cruise, followed up by the transatlantic. This "cubed bread salad agency" had group rates available so we paid $700 per person less than booking right through the cruise line. We also got an extra $525 obc for the Med leg and $475 for the transatlantic. Of that, we brought home $665 of that. Save me over $2,400 (group rate plus obc, and you can ignore me all you want. Which they never did.

In the past, we've booked with both our PCC and a large travel agency. Our PCC has done just a smudge of work - answering just a couple questions for us a out an AK cruise. But I see that a nice shipboard credit can be had by booking with the large TA. Plus, I really like a few extras should we decide to book with the large TA.

I don't want to offend our PCC, but can I book with her then transfer the booking to the large TA? Will she get any 'cut'? And would something like that be, well... Just rude?

Transferring from a PCC to a TA is done all the time. It is my understanding that the PCC gets the credit they need by doing the original booking. Transferring to a TA does not change that.

As far as changing TA's, while I have never done it I believe it is very difficult and involves getting the original TA to release the booking, something that most won't want to do.

We have saved quite a bit over the years by dealing with our on line TA.

The other reason we like dealing with her is that we are not married to one cruise line. More than once, on calling to book a specific cruise, she has alerted us to a better offer from a similar cruise line and identical itinerary. If we book directly with HAL, Princess, or Celebrity that certainly would not happen.

We have saved quite a bit over the years by dealing with our on line TA.

The other reason we like dealing with her is that we are not married to one cruise line. More than once, on calling to book a specific cruise, she has alerted us to a better offer from a similar cruise line and identical itinerary. If we book directly with HAL, Princess, or Celebrity that certainly would not happen.

Sounds like you have a keeper agent. Good for you.

I prefer dealing directly with my HAL PCC. The only benefit I've found from this is that there is no middle-man. We don't do expensive cruises, so I sacrifice the OBCs that are offered (in our case, not much :) ) by the TAs so I can deal directly with HAL.

Bookings are often transferred from a PCC to a TA, as others have said.

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll have to stay with this cubed bread agency for this cruise. I'll loose almost $800 in insurance and may not qualify for pre-existing conditions with new insurance by changing. This is a 45 day cruise with $1200 OBC, but some of it is from Hal. Many others share my feelings...........it is the actual agent.........I can probably change agents within this company, but next cruise I will go elsewhere. I am not a newbie, just have not experienced this level of ignorance.

I respect all your replies. Thank you.

Our last cruise we booked through a PCC, first time. They apparently have more flexibility if the price drops. Have booked many with a large TA but they would never reduce or offer upgrades when the prices dropped. We usually got some OBC and a bottle of wine from the TA. I tried a new approach and the PCC gave us more OBC than the TA offered for this cruise, plus a PG dinner for 2. The price didn't drop but we were happy.

Next time I'll probably ask each of them what their best offer is and then weigh in the possibility of a price drop. We book inside or outside most of the time, sometimes a guarantee so we are not getting huge OBC like those who book much more expensive cabins might, but we can always hope for an upgrade... and sometimes we get one :) m--

I saved over $13,000 over the past five years booking wiith the same agent on a large online TA. Many times I book with my PCC, for various reasons , than transfer. Excluding the Explore 4 which we will get on our May cruise, our PCC said we could have one or the other OBC promotions. Our online TA got both

We receive anywhere from a 11-15% discount from our TA. All the money is processed by the cruise line. When I asked about the PS that was advertised for $,4699 PP on a seven day cruise, our PCC couldn't offer a discount, but offered a wine package. Our TA charged us a little over $4,000 PP or a savings of nearly $1,400 and got us both promotions, and the Explore 4 package.

The PCC does get credit for the booking and knows where we transfer our booking. I need no hand holding, but I do like to save money and have gotten better service than from the cruise line. It's nice to ask for a certain table for our Traditional Dining, and have it waiting for us when we board.

We have no issues with either re-pricing (downwards) or changing cabins....prior to final payment.

We monitor the prices, we call our TA, and she happily makes the changes. No service fees involved.

The only thing that may change with a re-price is a slight reduction in the TA provided OBC. Never heard of a TA who would not reprice outside of the final payment window though we have heard of a few that do charge an admin fee for doing it.

We have no issues with either re-pricing (downwards) or changing cabins....prior to final payment.

We monitor the prices, we call our TA, and she happily makes the changes. No service fees involved.

The only thing that may change with a re-price is a slight reduction in the TA provided OBC. Never heard of a TA who would not reprice outside of the final payment window though we have heard of a few that do charge an admin fee for doing it.

It's easier for PCCs than TAs to make adjustments after final payment date. Adjustments might be more OBC or upgrades. m--