Balcony dividers

jobowl

Was just in an AQ on Reflection, and that's not necessarily true for every AQ balcony (talking about deck 11 here), at least, in a sense.

It appears the AQ balconies only have one side that can be opened - meaning you'd have to choose two with the opening on the correct side.

is there away to tell which side opens?

Does anyone know if the balcony dividers on the Equinox can be open. We have two Aqua class balcony and want to see if they can be open. If not we will try to get an adjoining room.

Yes, the balcony doors can open to provide access between the two balconies. Just ask your stateroom attendant who will have a special tool to open up a 3-4 foot Plexiglas partition.

As for connecting cabins, they don't connect like normal staterooms on other ships, i.e. door in the bulkhead between the two cabins. On the S-Class ships (except Reflection), the connection is out in the passageway where a couple of outer doors cordon off the alcove between the two staterooms, providing one entrance into the two cabins.

is there away to tell which side opens?

Equinox is a little different from Reflection. What deck are you on, and which staterooms are you talking about?

On Equinox, the staterooms forward of the hump on Deck 10 between the forward and aft elevators have a support beam that comes down between every other stateroom to support the pool deck, and on Deck 11, aft of the aft elevators, there's also a support beam to support the buffet area above.

If you have one of those cabins, depending on which one you have, on one side there will be a partition that opens so you can walk back & forth between the two balconies. On the other side, there is a "V" shaped partition that will open, but you have to step over the support beam to cross over to the other balcony. All those partitions open.

If you have a cabin on Deck 6, 7, 8, or 9, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Was just in an AQ on Reflection, and that's not necessarily true for every AQ balcony (talking about deck 11 here), at least, in a sense.

It appears the AQ balconies only have one side that can be opened - meaning you'd have to choose two with the opening on the correct side.

Reflection is different from the other S-Class ships where they added an additional deck. All the AQ cabins on Deck 11 have that support beam.

Equinox is a little different from Reflection. What deck are you on, and which staterooms are you talking about?

On Equinox, the staterooms forward of the hump on Deck 10 between the forward and aft elevators have a support beam that comes down between every other stateroom to support the pool deck, and on Deck 11, aft of the aft elevators, there's also a support beam to support the buffet area above.

If you have one of those cabins, depending on which one you have, on one side there will be a partition that opens so you can walk back & forth between the two balconies. On the other side, there is a "V" shaped partition that will open, but you have to step over the support beam to cross over to the other balcony. All those partitions open.

If you have a cabin on Deck 6, 7, 8, or 9, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

deck 11 I think 1596 &1598

deck 11 I think 1596 &1598

You are good to go -- no problems opening up your partitions. No support beams on Deck 11, forward. You will see that support beam coming down by your balcony onto Deck 10 below.

BTW, since you are in Aqua Class cabins, they do not have any that are adjoining.

I'd booked five aqua cabins I was hoping to open all the petitions between the balconies but it looks like I wouldn't be able to do that.Is this true? This is on the reflection.

Here's a photo of the balcony on Solstice just to illustrate what your balcony partitions will look like on Reflection with the support beam coming down on the balcony. The support beam comes down on every other balcony. Note on the left the partition will open and you can walk thru to the next balcony, whereas on the right, the partition will open, but you will have to step over the support beam to get to the next balcony.

For staterooms forward of the forward elevators, 1501-1545, and 1502-1550, won't have the support beam, so if you have five of these, you will be able to open and walk back & forth among them.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pid=4159#top_display_media

I have a group of eleven couples with adjoining balconies on the Silhouette. Can we open that many partitions? I was thinking we might be able to do one or two, skip one etc. But it would be great if we could do them all!

I have a group of eleven couples with adjoining balconies on the Silhouette. Can we open that many partitions? I was thinking we might be able to do one or two, skip one etc. But it would be great if we could do them all!

Yes, you can open them all. I would like to caution you, though, as it will take away some of your privacy with everyone walking willy-nilly back and forth. You'll have to keep your curtains closed if you want any privacy at all, especially getting dressed. We did it once, and I found it very annoying.

Yes, you can open them all. I would like to caution you, though, as it will take away some of your privacy with everyone walking willy-nilly back and forth. You'll have to keep your curtains closed if you want any privacy at all, especially getting dressed. We did it once, and I found it very annoying.

I had thought of that. It would be nice if they were easier to open, so they could be opened for sailaway, cocktail hour etc, and closed in between. Don't ask for much, do I-lol!

Good to know we have options!

I had thought of that. It would be nice if they were easier to open, so they could be opened for sailaway, cocktail hour etc, and closed in between. Don't ask for much, do I-lol!

Good to know we have options!

Your stateroom attendant can open and close them as you wish. He has a special tool to unlock them from the rail. That would work to have them opened for sailaway then closed afterwards, opened for cocktail parties, then closed. It will drive your stateroom attendant crazy. :eek:

That is about the same as telling everyone to turn to their left and shake hands with them.

Every divider opens between cabins the only difference is the swing. One of the balconies will have the door open into it.

We had 1610 on the Eclipse and the divider could be opened for the cabins on each side and one of the cabins was a large suite with a hot tub. The reason that I know that is because the first time we walked onto our balcony the divider onto that balcony was opened the hot tub was right there.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

That is about the same as telling everyone to turn to their left and shake hands with them.

Every divider opens between cabins the only difference is the swing. One of the balconies will have the door open into it.

We had 1610 on the Eclipse and the divider could be opened for the cabins on each side and one of the cabins was a large suite with a hot tub. The reason that I know that is because the first time we walked onto our balcony the divider onto that balcony was opened the hot tub was right there.

Happy crusing

I was referring to a situation like in the picture posted above. Every divider is not the same.

I don't get the connection between the shaking hands analogy and this, but to each their own.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pid=4159#top_display_media

Edited by gsu_paintballer