Possible Ship Deployments After Fantasy's Retirement.

talkorpi

I doubt Vista will go to NYC when Carnival had to throttle back their presence considerably and doesn't even have a ship there year round anymore. They went from 2 ships, one year round and one seasonal, to one ship seasonal.

I do think that Vista's new home will be either Miami, Galveston, or Port Canaveral with other ships reshuffled as a consequence.

I also think that Charleston will get a larger ship sooner rather than later. Although I'd hate to agree with the poster with multiple personality disorder, I do think that a ship like the Victory may be headed to Charleston and a larger/newer ship will be deployed on the 4/5 day market out of Miami to keep up with the competition from other cruise lines now doing these short itineraries with better ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't see Vista coming here either, however it may not be a bad idea. We've been sailing mostly NCL, it's hard to justify sailing on an older ship, for more money, with a crappier itinerary which is what Carnival is offering out of NYC. We have yet to sail Breakaway, but when given the chance of Gem going to St Thomas, St Maarten, San Juan, and Tortola vs the more expensive Splendor to Port Canaveral, Nassau & Freeport, it's clearly an easy decision. Totally off subject for the most part but I don't understand why Carnival can't see what the problem is when it's VERY VERY clear.

...when given the chance of Gem going to St Thomas, St Maarten, San Juan, and Tortola vs the more expensive Splendor to Port Canaveral, Nassau & Freeport, it's clearly an easy decision. Totally off subject for the most part but I don't understand why Carnival can't see what the problem is when it's VERY VERY clear.

JMHO, but you may start seeing more attractive itineraries from NYC. With the new management, I think that Carnival is headed in a different (and more positive) direction, figuratively and literally. The new 7, 10, and 11 night itineraries from various ports are unique and very attractive, and if they prove to be successful, then you may see more of that expanded to other ports and ships.

Other cruise lines have already proved that longer itineraries out of NYC are attractive and popular. It's just a matter of time before Carnival catches up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think that Vista will come to Galveston, Magic to Port Canaveral, and Sunshine to Charleston.

Really like this scenario as I will never cruise out of Charleston even though it is the closest port to me unless embark/debark improves and if the Sunshine is there that's a nogo also...

Carnival has an interesting history with the port of New Orleans, and I feel that Vista has a shot in that port.

The CEO of the port of New Orleans said recently that they are in talks with Carnival to add a third ship, which could do 7 day itineraries with Tuesday being the turnover day. If that happened I would expect them to send the Dream back to Canaveral, and send a Conquest class either to Galveston to bring Triumph back to NOLA, or bring a conquest class back to New Orleans to do opposite sailings from the Vista.

I also see them retiring Elation, so it could be a Vista/Conquest/Triumph trio in NOLA in 2017.

This is of course just speculation, and I could be WAY wrong. (I hope not though.)

Have you sailed the Sunshine?? What was your experience?? I actually enjoyed the Sunshine.

No, and I don't intend to, The Sunshine continues to be the lowest rated ship in Carnival's fleet and probably always will be. Way too many negative comments on things that concern me. I have never been on a Carnival ship that I didn't like and I plan to keep it that way...

Although everything is speculation.

Hasn't every new build lately started in either Galveston or New Orleans? Seem to remember, that Magic, Dream, Breeze, all started there. Charleston is a minor port in the overall scheme of things. I would expect one of the "ion" ships to wind up there. or possibly the Paradise. That way even will low bookings the ship will sail mostly full. Finally, I kind of expect that Sunshine will be the NYC ship.

The Breeze went to Miami Nat Galveston.

• 3 weeks later...

My lawn guy, Roberto, Who is from Cuba, told me that his second cousin on his Mom's side, has a daughter who's boyfriend works in a detail shop in Miami, who's sister works at the a Cuban diner next to Carnival Headquarters, and she said the Fantasy was going to get a Sunshine style rebuild and would be called the Sunset.

This "new" ship will be an all non-smoking ship with special scanners to catch all rum runners and you would be assigned a deck lounge chair as you boarded. There will be 3 MDR's on board, one for cruise elegant, one for cruise casual and one for "It's my cruise I will wear what I want".

All staterooms will be inside with a 70" big screen showing interactive video of the ocean. This ship will also have the first at sea video pursers desk. You will be chatting with people in India to solve all your problems. This can also be done from the comfort of your cabin.

Well as you can see I am board tonight. Having knee replacement surgery Friday (knee # two) and just took my pain meds.

Have a great evening.. I know I will... now where did I put my wine.....:confused:

Edited by welldone60

My lawn guy, Roberto, Who is from Cuba, told me that his second cousin on his Mom's side, has a daughter who's boyfriend works in a detail shop in Miami, who's sister works at the a Cuban diner next to Carnival Headquarters, and she said the Fantasy was going to get a Sunshine style rebuild and would be called the Sunset.

This "new" ship will be an all non-smoking ship with special scanners to catch all rum runners and you would be assigned a deck lounge chair as you boarded. There will be 3 MDR's on board, one for cruise elegant, one for cruise casual and one for "It's my cruise I will wear what I want".

All staterooms will be inside with a 70" big screen showing interactive video of the ocean. This ship will also have the first at sea video pursers desk. You will be chatting with people in India to solve all your problems. This can also be done from the comfort of your cabin.

Well as you can see I am board tonight. Having knee replacement surgery Friday (knee # two) and just took my pain meds.

Have a great evening.. I know I will... now where did I put my wine.....:confused:

Funny!!

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

Do we know ANYTHING about the Vista yet? Size, height, anything? What if it was made to clear those "difficult" ports with bridges? That could open up some doors. I don't think that will actually happen, but just food for thought.

I'm kind of wondering if the shuffle of the Valor to PC means the Vista is headed there. Seems odd to switch a 2.0 ship with a non-2.0 ship. Especially since PC seems to do well. The Valor doesn't have a dry dock scheduled yet does it?

I think the 3 most likely options are PC, FLL, or Miami. I tend to think it's less likely to be Miami since the Breeze went there. West Coast, NYC, and Galveston seem unlikely to me.

For the one who mentioned the Elation being "elegant" - while some of the public spaces were prettier, we found our trip this month on the Fascination to be MUCH better. The Fascination is about to go to dry dock, but you could tell that the ship had much more money and love poured in to it. The Elation is in desperate need of some TLC, and I can see the argument for selling vs keeping/upgrading it. When 2.0 was first announced, the Elation and the Paradise were on the list for 2016. I don't think that's going to happen now.If they keep the Elation/Paradise, please get rid of the god awful pink closets and the life jacket box in the staterooms.