hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Sovereignmark

Looking for accom in Ft Lauderdale for Feb. want something reasonable and clean, but every hotel you read the reviews, and they all have some that love it and some that hate it. we live in Australia and cruise from FLL every year. any suggestions for a reasonably priced clean hotel. thanks

When do you cruise? :confused: Prices vary widely based upon the tourist season - rooms are cheap in August, but pricey in Feb!

What is your budget? :confused: Your reasonable might be my splurge - we like the Embassy Suites, but there are a variety of chain hotels in the downtown/17th street area in a range of prices.

Give us some dates and a budget range, plus other details (kids? romantic? want beachfront?) and the suggestions will be much more focused and valuable. ;)

Thanks John,

we cruise as often as we can, 13 times this tear and 11 more booked between now and April. we need accom for 25-27 Feb. we have looked at the websites but as I mentioned if you look at the reviews, some people give great reviews and the other half rubbish the place, so its like a lucky dip. being Aussies with our $ now down to 81c doesnt help. hoping for something clean and safe around $140-$170 per night. doesnt have to be on the beach, but dont want to be miles away from the port either

Why do you need accommodation on land? If you have had 13 cruises this year and have another 11 booked between now and April you wouldn't see it!!! If you cruise every year from FLL surely you would have your favourite hotel there by now. C'mon Aussie C'mon!!!

Thanks John,

we cruise as often as we can, 13 times this tear and 11 more booked between now and April. we need accom for 25-27 Feb. we have looked at the websites but as I mentioned if you look at the reviews, some people give great reviews and the other half rubbish the place, so its like a lucky dip. being Aussies with our $ now down to 81c doesnt help. hoping for something clean and safe around $140-$170 per night. doesnt have to be on the beach, but dont want to be miles away from the port either

With your price point, suggest to look at Extended Stay America.

At the port entrance and a walk to restaurants plus Total Wine is in easy reach by taxi, foot or the choo-choo (stops outside TW).

There are some travel coupon booklets.

Such as : Hotel Coupons.com, Roomsaver.com and Florida Travel Saver.com,

to name a few.

However, no matter how enticing their ads are in the booklets, there are a few I would not use EVER !!

No room under $100 per night in the high season,

Roadway Inns, Ramada, Motel 6 and their like - those brands and others

in Florida don't do so well and can be in rough areas.

Stick to the popular name brands and have a great time.

All the best,

Maryandi, :)

Your dates are peak rate in peak season.

I would look at the Holiday Inn Express 17th Street.

I agree with this recommendation. It is near the port, restaurants and stores. Your budget for a prime winter vacation city is low. But this hotel will probably be your best choice and near your budget.