Discover Card Acceptance

bUU

Consider using MC/VISA when out of the USA. Discover has limited presence in Nassau. Heck, even Black Falcon [port of Boston] doesn't accept it for payment.

I'll be in Nassau in a few weeks and I'm leaving my Discover Card at home. It's also the only card I have that does not have a microchip.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

If you wouldn't mind perhaps keeping an eye out to see if the situation on the ground has changed at all, regarding Discover Card, I'd appreciate it. It is my only credit card that doesn't charge a 3% foreign transaction fee.

Those FTF's sneak up on you. Got to laugh when Discover says I can use their card in the UK - yet to have any success with that option. It also seems to be the only card, among our many, that gets compromised at least twice a year.

Acquiring a Capital One or BAC Travel Visa is an easy and fast process and something you many want to consider having when you venture outside the USA. Neither have FTF's. It's always good to have a back-up card just in case one gets compromised or a wallet goes missing. DH and I make sure we each carry different cards for that very reason.

Darcy