Upgrade (upsell) Fairy called today..

trooper49

DW and I have a OS booked on the Dream for 01/11/15. I told myself if I get the call and it is 500-600 dollars to go to a GS I would do it and surprise her. Jenna was very nice on the phone describing how nice the room is and how we were selected for a special price for the up grade...... $ 1,053.00...

That is about $200.00 dollars less than the full boat retail price is going for right now. Needless to say I had to turn the offer down. :(

But until she quoted me the price I was pretty fired up !! :) Oh well....

Or a whole bunch of bamboo sheets at Cariloha's.... :)

I like the way you think. :)

They upsold us from a balcony guaranty to a GS on the Dream a few months ago for $550 total. Glad we did it but doubt I would have done it for much more than that.

DW and I have a OS booked on the Dream for 01/11/15. I told myself if I get the call and it is 500-600 dollars to go to a GS I would do it and surprise her. Jenna was very nice on the phone describing how nice the room is and how we were selected for a special price for the up grade...... $ 1,053.00...

That is about $200.00 dollars less than the full boat retail price is going for right now. Needless to say I had to turn the offer down. :(

But until she quoted me the price I was pretty fired up !! :) Oh well....

Did you make a counter offer? If not, I'd call her back! Good luck!

I told her I was hoping to get the call but I could only afford 500-600 for the upgrade, she didn't seem to interested in my counter offer.......... :(

We're with you....that is way too much. When they give their offers they need to be substantially less than the going rate to make them appealing....otherwise you would have booked it yourself at the going rate....how silly on behalf of CCL!

We're with you....that is way too much. When they give their offers they need to be substantially less than the going rate to make them appealing....otherwise you would have booked it yourself at the going rate....how silly on behalf of CCL!

Just did a mock booking, the same 3 GS's are still open. If they are offering the same "deal" as they did for me, I guess they are not getting anyone to bite at that price.