Luggage valet questions

I'm considering using luggage valet for our cruise on liberty ots. I'm worried we may hit a snag though.

My wife still has her maiden name on her passport. It was issued right before we got married, so the cruise is booked under her maiden name. However our domestic flight is booked under her married name.

Does anyone know if this will cause a hiccup to the process since her name will be different for checking a bag with southwest than her name traveling with royal Caribbean?

Also a side note, if it is an issue, can I just check 2 bags under my name and do none on hers? We only plan on checking one bag each.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Then just print her boarding pass out onboard or at the airport. If you both purchase early board check in, you should have numbers next to each other. I wouldn't count on the cruise line to check you in right at 24 hours.

The only hangup for you may be that both of you are on the Airline Record Locator number so im not sure if they can just check you in on the ship or if they require everyone to be checked in (They are VERY picky about some things).

If they can just check you in, it shouldnt be a problem to check two bags and just print out her boarding pass at the Airport.

Edited by Firefighterhoop
Saw they are flying Southwest

Not really luggage related, but I was wondering.

When you go through TSA check point at the Airport and your wife has her married name on the airline ticket and maiden name on her passport will that cause any problems ?

Dennis

Guessing that the driver's license has the married name.

IMy wife still has her maiden name on her passport. It was issued right before we got married, so the cruise is booked under her maiden name.

I'm assuming it's too late for you, OP, but for others lurking and curious, you can have your passport name changed for free if it's within a year of getting the passport.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/services/correction.html

Name Changes

If your name has legally changed through marriage, divorce, or a court ordered change of name, you will need to apply for a new passport. The process and cost depend on how long it has been since your passport was issued.

If less than one year has passed since your passport was issued:

• You will not have to pay any passport or processing fees, unless you request Expedited Service.
  • Submit Form DS-5504 by mail with your current passport, your name change document (original or certified copy), and a color passport photo. You may:
    • Use our online guide to fill out and print Form DS-5504; or
    • Print Form DS-5504 and complete by hand.