Royal Caribbean-Can Balcony Partitions be Opened?

daisyday33

We are considering booking two balcony cabins on Royal. We have gone on many Carnival cruises with friends and always have the two balconies opened into one large balcony space. When I called Royal to check on Independence of the Seals and Adventure of the Seas, I was told that they can no longer open the balcony partitions on any of the ships (except once in a while at the discretion of the workers). Does anyone have any current information on whether they have had their balcony partitions opened? Thank you for all of your help!

We are considering booking two balcony cabins on Royal. We have gone on many Carnival cruises with friends and always have the two balconies opened into one large balcony space. When I called Royal to check on Independence of the Seals and Adventure of the Seas, I was told that they can no longer open the balcony partitions on any of the ships (except once in a while at the discretion of the workers). Does anyone have any current information on whether they have had their balcony partitions opened? Thank you for all of your help!

It depends on the ship.

On Adventure, the partitions cannot physically be opened at all.

On Independence, they can be physically opened, but whether or not your request is granted or denied is at the discretion of the particular Captain. It is our experience that unless there is unusually rough weather/high seas or some other extenuating circumstance, you will be allowed to have them opened on ships such as Independence because of the "slider" design. Ships that are designed so the divider swings open are the ones where permission is usually refused (Mariner and Navigator)