Shipboard Credit

BellBoys

We purchased a cruise for relatives staying in adjacent room and wonder how we would move the ship board credit that is tied to their room over to our room as we are caring for some of their other expenses and would like to use the credit to cover those incidentals. Is this something that can be done prior to departure; or do we need to see the front desk and/or Neptune Concierge when we board?

Have never heard of this one so recommend you talk with whomever made your reservations. Where the OBC came from may be an issue. If HAL will allow the partial move make sure you get a confirmatory email and bring it along. Might be easier to settle up after the cruise which I do appreciate is a bit tacky.

We did this on our last cruise when we wanted to pay for my family's "hotel charge", but they wanted to use their own credit card for their own personal expenses. We just clarified it with the front desk that we would pay the Hotel Charge, but their card would be used on board for other incidentals. No problem.

We did this on our last cruise when we wanted to pay for my family's "hotel charge", but they wanted to use their own credit card for their own personal expenses. We just clarified it with the front desk that we would pay the Hotel Charge, but their card would be used on board for other incidentals. No problem.

So you were able to get the obc moved to your account? I believe that is what the op is wanting to do.

We purchased a cruise for relatives staying in adjacent room and wonder how we would move the ship board credit that is tied to their room over to our room as we are caring for some of their other expenses and would like to use the credit to cover those incidentals. Is this something that can be done prior to departure; or do we need to see the front desk and/or Neptune Concierge when we board?

I'm not going to be much help, as I can't find the thread that I think I remember reading about this :( but IIRC from that thread, whoever's name is on the cabin is the person/people who "owns" the OBC. So (again IIRC) you cannot "take" anything -- they have to arrange to give it to you.

I'll look some more later. Right now I have to go dig my car out of a snowbank. Sigh....

If the onboard credit is on their account, perhaps your relatives could give you the cash equivalent in exchange. They could then use the OBC to pay for their onboard expenses. Or just use the OBC to cover the incidentals on their account. Doesn't really matter where it's being paid, it's still covered.