Taking wine aboard

Henrylover

It's been almost thirty years since my last cruise so my memory is faint. Is there a duty free or a place to buy wine at the terminal in Fort lauderdale before boarding ? Was told we were allowed two bottles to take aboard.

thanks so much

Are you flying down the day before? If so, you should find several chances to buy wine nearby most of the larger hotels which are popular for pre-cruise stays. But you will not find a wine store at the terminal. In fact, there are no shops at all in the terminal area.

Further too the original question; are you only able to take two bottles of wine on at the point of embarkation, or can you bring further two bottle allowances at other ports on the trip?

embarkation port ONLY. anything else will be taken and stored for you until the last night.

It's been almost thirty years since my last cruise so my memory is faint. Is there a duty free or a place to buy wine at the terminal in Fort lauderdale before boarding ? Was told we were allowed two bottles to take aboard.

thanks so much

If you want to bring wine from home like I prefer to do here is a link to a product that I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Diaper-Reusable-Absorbent-Eco-Friendly-Accessory/dp/B00308FONW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419780519&sr=8-1&keywords=wine+travel+bag

spookwife wrote: "embarkation port ONLY. anything else will be taken and stored for you until the last night."

This is not necessarily true. There have been many reports of wine being taken, as the policy states, but there have also been many cases where there is no one assigned to take the wine, no table set up for this process, and the passenger brings the wine on without delay. The thing is, you won't know which will be the case on your cruise, in any given port. So prepare to have it taken, and be happy if it isn't.