Are they really charging for the Character Breakfast?

xcell

Yes, they charge. 10 per adult, children are free.

We could not book it ahead of time, so booked it first thing on the ship. We showed up and of course they didn't have our reservation, though had billed us already. They let us in anyway and we had to go deal with guest services to reverse the charges for the kids.

They brought out 3 characters -- Po & Tigress from Kung Fu Panda and King Julien from Madagascar. Strangely they limited it to about 12 tables so we had plenty of time with the characters. Breakfast was served timely and hot.

I wouldn't pay for it...

I think it's just another $ grab. Next thing you know they will charge for ice skating...

I wonder if they will make this ship wide...thank god my kids are getting older that they won't care if we go or not...

I would say worth the $10. A bit of confusion with booking but we got one using the Royal IQ app. Not crowded, lots of time to take pics.

Here's a video of the warm up dance

Edited by JL&Fam

$10 per adult. They did it multiple mornings on the 12/20 sailing. I'd say 3 at least. Each had different characters. Character stickers were given out.

NCL character breakfast- kids get a 'goody bag' and professional photo included. Still ridiculous that either of them charge but they are cute nonetheless.

I usually don't like up charges, but I suspect that the purpose of this one is to make room for the kids at a geared-to-kids event. This way adults who REALLY want to are able to, but families won't get turned away because the place is full of adults.

Usually they do this way too early in the morning (for regular adults on vacation), so I think would suffice to limit the amount of people.

The breakfast isn't anything special, so for an up-charge ...it's another money grab. Soon they won't allow you to take pic of the characters with your kids, unless done professionally, etc... Or the face painting and balloon animals will be charged so that they don't have to pay them anymore...

Will it ever end...lol...

I reserved this for my wife and I several months ago when it was free. It's on my cruise calendar in my RCCL account and it shows "purchased at $0.00." Did anyone else have this booked for free prior to the cruise and then get charged for it once on-board? I see now it's showing a $10 fee to book it online.

I reserved this for my wife and I several months ago when it was free. It's on my cruise calendar in my RCCL account and it shows "purchased at $0.00." Did anyone else have this booked for free prior to the cruise and then get charged for it once on-board? I see now it's showing a $10 fee to book it online.

We booked when it was free. Was not charged on-board. Brought printed confirmation showing $0 just in case, but didn't need it.

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I did this on our December 1 sailing. It was my husband and I and our 15-year-old daughter, and my parents. We enjoy DreamWorks, so for us all it was totally worth it. The group for breakfast was small so we really had a lot of time with the characters. It was very very enjoyable and the food was delicious! I'm not one who likes to pay for extra things, but this was totally worth it to me and to my entire family.

***Christie***

I usually don't like up charges, but I suspect that the purpose of this one is to make room for the kids at a geared-to-kids event. This way adults who REALLY want to are able to, but families won't get turned away because the place is full of adults.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I agree with you 100%. ;)