Water too cold in January?

RdhAnd mom

staying at a non disney hotel night before cruise. Unsure if I should take a shuttle from the airport or have a shuttle pick us up from hotel. I don't want a tour around Orlando though. I'd like to get to the Port early. Anyone know of a reliable shuttle service that comes to the hotel? Obviously staying very close to the airport. Thanks for your input.

Water temps are a matter of perception as well as reality. We've had January and February cruises where the water at Castaway was pleasant and others where it seemed freezing. I think the real difference was the sun or lack of it. If you come up from the water and the air is cold, the water seems just that much colder.

As to transportation, cost of a private limo/towncar service is about the same as DCL transportation for 4 people. This will save you the hassle of returning to the airport, will leave on your time schedule, etc. Good services include Fl Tours, Happy Limo, Southern Elegance, and MANY others. Many will price match! For fewer than 4, it will cost less to return to the airport.

Also, many airport area hotels offer cruise packages that include hotel, breakfast, and round trip transportation to the terminal. The pricing is generally such that if you only ride one way, it is still a good deal. Hotels with these deals in 2014 included the Hyatt Place (different from Hyatt MCO,) Hampton, Wyndham, etc. You do not ride around Orlando--you go directly from the hotel to the port area. You MIGHT stop at more than one cruise line's terminal depending on the day. The Hyatt Place is my favorite, but I heard that they might discontinue the program.

Another obvious choice would be a one way car rental.

Just got off the wonder Dec 21 sailing. I went snorkeling at Castaway, it was in the lower 80s that day and the water was a bit chilly. I had a chill shock when I got in the water but it was fine after a minute or less, quite relaxing actually.

Sent from my iPad using Forums