Progressive check in

Tennant

Just got an email saying boarding won't start until 5:30, last boarding group will be 8:00pm, ship dparture time is 9:00pm.

Reason?

"Please be advised that during the current cruise there has been a slightly higher than expected number of cases of gastrointestinal illness among guests suspected to be caused by norovirus"

For a three day cruise, they have effectively taken away one day. No mention of any compensation.

They owe you nothing. ;)

I am elite and normally turn up around the times given to me on the ticket or email. It means I can sleep in and hotel check out times are very generous so I can sit back and relax all morning or do some touring. I turn up to the ship at my allocated time and go straight on the ship without any dramas at all.

I have been on cruises where I have heard passengers have been severely delayed in the morning because everyone turns up at once and ignores the notice.

I was once asked about check-in at a Captains Circle party by the circle host and Captain doing the rounds. There were a lot of complaints about slow check-in. All I said was that I was very happy and turned up at my allocated time in the afternoon and was straight on the ship. They actually rewarded me some extras they had to give out.

As I said on boarding day I stay in my hotel till the last minute and if I arrive by a private chauffeur driven car I just ask to be driven around the city sights before arriving at the cruise terminal. After over a decade of cruising I never line up or join a queue for anything and take the relaxed approach. I spread my time out as much as I can.

Whatever floats your boat, lol.

We have been cruising for years too, we are first on and first off. Just the opposite, ignore the email and ticket times.

We do take our time when the ship arrives in a port, because we have been to most of them, so never line up to leave the ship on port days. Like you we take our time, we do our own tours so no rush.

For me the situation is quite different. I can be unpacked and have my cabin sorted in under 15 minutes. Its quite easy when you pack your suitcase in order of need and don't take what you wont need. Hand luggage has my swimming gear so I can relax the moment I board. The time I board is irrelevant as I just organise things to save me the most time possible. I live to travel and have adapted over the years the quickest possible means when it comes to travelling. Most of my boarding times have always been around mid day so I have always had plenty of time to play with. I have never considered boarding day to be an important cruise day as it is what it is and you cant change it.