Sea Days

anp25

Okay fellow cruisers, need a little help.

I'm hooked on cruising since my first cruise on Carnival, but I've noticed that the best part of cruising for me are the sea days.

I've been looking, but can't seem to find a good way to search the Carnival web site or Cruise Critic site for cruises with a lot of sea day with a port of call here and there, minus the long trans Atlantic ones.

Has anyone been able to come up with a good search method that might help me out?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any search engine that will emphasize sea days. But keep in mind that any port day can become your own sea day. All you have to do is stay on the ship. One nice thing about doing that is that you have plenty of room to spread out, with a mostly empty lido deck. If you would prefer more company on those days, a very common port where plenty of people stay on the ship is Nassau. When Nassau is included on 7+ day cruises, it's quite a letdown from the other great ports on the cruise, so many people just stay on the ship. Or they only go ashore to shop for about an hour.

The 8-day cruises with 4 stops, 1 of them being Nassau, might be a good one. You'd get 3 sea days plus the Nassau "sea" day, with 3 good ports in the middle. Or the 8-day cruises with only 3 stops, giving you 4 true sea days. The Bonaire-Aruba-Grand Turk 8-day itinerary might be good for you. With Bonaire arriving at 2:00pm, you would basically have 4.5 sea days. You could get a great last minute deal with this one on the Liberty for Jan 16th in an interior, or more options with these ports for the spring. Or check out any of the other 8-day cruises with only 3 ports.

Or like the pp said, if you have the money & the time, look at Hawaii. Either a one-way or the 15-day round trip.

Edited by k2excursion

But keep in mind that any port day can become your own sea day. All you have to do is stay on the ship. One nice thing about doing that is that you have plenty of room to spread out, with a mostly empty lido deck. .

Because sea days are VERY crowded on the ship ^ this is what we do.

We have an itinerary with 4 ports on a 7 day cruise. We pick one (grand cayman is next) and we will stay on the ship. its not empty but it is more quieter then a regular sea day

We went on a 7 day with only 3 ports in 2013 and I am hooked on sea days too. Did another in 2014 and have one in 2015 that is 8 days with only 3 ports.

I don't think there is a way to search them out other than brute force.

I don't know of any search engine that will emphasize sea days. But keep in mind that any port day can become your own sea day. All you have to do is stay on the ship. One nice thing about doing that is that you have plenty of room to spread out, with a mostly empty lido deck. If you would prefer more company on those days, a very common port where plenty of people stay on the ship is Nassau. When Nassau is included on 7+ day cruises, it's quite a letdown from the other great ports on the cruise, so many people just stay on the ship. Or they only go ashore to shop for about an hour.

The 8-day cruises with 4 stops, 1 of them being Nassau, might be a good one. You'd get 3 sea days plus the Nassau "sea" day, with 3 good ports in the middle. Or the 8-day cruises with only 3 stops, giving you 4 true sea days. The Bonaire-Aruba-Grand Turk 8-day itinerary might be good for you. With Bonaire arriving at 2:00pm, you would basically have 4.5 sea days. You could get a great last minute deal with this one on the Liberty for Jan 16th in an interior, or more options with these ports for the spring. Or check out any of the other 8-day cruises with only 3 ports.

Or like the pp said, if you have the money & the time, look at Hawaii. Either a one-way or the 15-day round trip.

I've been playing around with searching itineraries and it seems that the Cruise Critic site is pretty good at listing itineraries, but you have to go through multiple pages, whereas Carnival changed their site making you open up dates to view dates.

I also feel that sitting on the ship while it's docked at port is not a sea day (of course it's not and trying to pretend it is is hard). That ship needs to be moving for me to feel like its a sea day. But I do agree that Nassau is waisted as a port, but all of them are traps, some just happen to be better then others.

Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Okay fellow cruisers, need a little help.

I'm hooked on cruising since my first cruise on Carnival, but I've noticed that the best part of cruising for me are the sea days.

I've been looking, but can't seem to find a good way to search the Carnival web site or Cruise Critic site for cruises with a lot of sea day with a port of call here and there, minus the long trans Atlantic ones.

Has anyone been able to come up with a good search method that might help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Both my husband and I totally agree with you about sea days.

The best cruise we've ever taken was this past August. We sailed the first leg of Legend's re-positioning to Australia. It was a 13 day cruise with four ports, one day sailing through the Panama Canal, which should be on everyone's bucket list, and SEVEN sea days spread throughout. This cruise really spoiled us. "Normal" seven and eight day cruises just won't feel like enough anymore. :eek:

cruises to Bermuda have a lot of sea days

Yes ronjon, I was eyeing this cruise, but the one port of call (Bermuda) for three days might be an issue. Trying to figure out what to do on that island for three days while the ship is docked I feel might be. Bit much.

But hay, I did asked the question about more sea days and sitting on a ship for three days docked at port is more sea days.

Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forums mobile app

There are 14 different ships, 7 of which are part of Carnival that are offering 8 day cruises over the next 6 months that all have many sea days. The embarkation ports are Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and NYC. If you give us a time frame as to when you're looking, then more specific examples could be provided. Are you looking for just Carnival or other reasonably priced lines as well?

There are 14 different ships, 7 of which are part of Carnival that are offering 8 day cruises over the next 6 months that all have many sea days. The embarkation ports are Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and NYC. If you give us a time frame as to when you're looking, then more specific examples could be provided. Are you looking for just Carnival or other reasonably priced lines as well?

@SNJCruisers, I've looked at other cruise lines and found them to more expensive for my budget. So I'm sticking with Carnival since Carnival was my first cruise date. You know you never forget that first date and I enjoyed my first cruise with them. So I'll continue to cruise with them for now.

I already have my 2015 cruises set and they have a good number of sea days. Plus I'll be taking the advice from you guys and will be staying on the ship when it docks in the Bahamas.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forums mobile app

I already have my 2015 cruises set and they have a good number of sea days. Plus I'll be taking the advice from you guys and will be staying on the ship when it docks in the Bahamas.

Repositioning cruises offer some great unique itineraries and sea days as well. On 1/3/16, the Dream is going from New Orleans to San Juan over 11 days, with 4 days at sea and visiting 6 ports. Grand Turk, Aruba, Bonaire, St Kitts, St Maarten and Antigua. It's then doing 10 days back to New Orleans, going to 5 ports and 4 sea days. I am sure there will be a select few passengers doing the entire 21 days, which will visit 9 different ports since the Dream will visit Grand Turk and St Kitts on both legs. That kind of trip would be on my bucket list.