Please help me find a thread - Review of Everglades Airboat Tour

RMM34667

Sometime within the last few months someone posted a review of their Everglades Airboat tour. It had lots of pictures and was very detailed. I have been trying to locate that thread for two days with no luck.

I believe this person was on a back to back and rented a car on turnaround day.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advanced.

I remember seeing that thread too, and just wanted to say that we went on this excursion on turnaround day and enjoyed it very much. It was a fun way to pass the day instead of just sitting around the port. It also "transferred" us and our luggage from one ship to another because our b2b was on two different ships. The tour guide was funny and informative and gave a running commentary on the history and nature of the surrounding areas during the time we were in the bus. It was a little expensive at $79 each and we might have opted to diy something if we hadn't had luggage to contend with. But this was a good choice.

Sometime within the last few months someone posted a review of their Everglades Airboat tour. It had lots of pictures and was very detailed. I have been trying to locate that thread for two days with no luck.

I believe this person was on a back to back and rented a car on turnaround day.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advanced.

Hi - wanted to add my two cents to this conversation in case you are considering a ship excursion.

I've taken the ship excursion to the Everglades/Flamingo Gardens twice - and was taken to two different locations for the Airboat ride - very different venues. (The photos in the review are from Everglades Holiday Park.)

Last year this excursion went to Everglades Holiday Park - home of the Gator Boys Alligator Rescue. The airboats were covered and the pilot gave a great narrative while we were taken through what looked like man-made canals. Saw alligators and had a great ride. After the ride, there was a brief "show" at the adjacent Gator Boys Alligator Rescue. IMHO - hokey would best describe this area. Everglades Holiday Park had a small, not very impressive, gift shop. The next stop was Flamingo Park, which was most enjoyable.

Last month this same excursion went to Sawgrass Recreation Park. The airboats were uncovered (hot) and very loud - everyone was given earplugs. There was very little narrative and the ride was much shorter. On the plus side, the surroundings were much more natural - it did feel more like what I think of as the Everglades. The grounds at Sawgrass are much nicer with a wide variety of wildlife in a more natural setting. Sawgrass has a really nice gift shop. Flamingo Park was included in this excursion also.

If taking the ship excursion, I don't know if it is possible to find out in advance which airboat park will be visited. It probably depends upon the tour contractor and the availability of the boats.

Personally, I much preferred Everglades Holiday Park. While the overall location was much nicer at Sawgrass, I was disappointed in the airboat ride. My DH, who had not been to Everglades Holiday Park, did enjoy the Sawgrass experience.

TripAdvisor has reviews of both parks.

Edited by MarKay525