Any Thoughts On Ruby Princess??

curtdesilets

We noticed that the Ruby Princess will be doing some California coastal cruises later next year. Crown Princess is doing them right now, but we are reluctant to try Crown again after her recent problems that have been noted here on CC and elsewhere.

Question: Has Ruby been plagued by Norovirus and/or running on "Code Red" often? We really hate the Code Red enforcement and experienced it first hand on Crown on our British Isles cruise a few years ago.

Ruby seems like a more premium ship than some other Princess ships. Is that true? The reviews seem better.

Any thoughts from anyone who recently sailed on her would be vastly appreciated. Thanks in advance !! :)

Crown Princess and Ruby Princess are identical builds from the same order. Only difference is Ruby having the sports court on Deck 19 above Skywalker's nightclub--which was used mainly for teen activities on my November cruise. No one ship on Princess is at a "premium" over another, unless you regard the latest features of the brand-new Royal and Regal Princess as such (where in reality most of these "new" additions are merely revenue opportunities copied from other cruise lines' successes).

You have to regard the fact that seemingly every report of "Code Red" on a Princess ship refers to Crown simply as a statistical aberration. There's just no way to predict whether or not a sick passenger will board the same cruise as you (or the cruise before) having lied on the health form on embarkation day.

That said, my cruise on Ruby over Thanksgiving was exceptional. Holiday cruises often get lesser reviews but the service was exemplary throughout the ship. Other than having turkey for dinner on lobster night, and MUTS, the lounges and even stateroom TV being very football-intensive it was a routine relaxing Princess cruise.

Until Royal Princess was launched last year Ruby was Princess' youngest ship and it still has that new-ship aura about it. And this huge advantage: Maitre d' Nicola and Executive Chef Naveen have been on the ship since its launch having directed the build-out of their departments. Every dining area and bar on the ship featured crisp-but-friendly, efficient service with no long waits and never a "sorry we're out of that" or even a "I have to go find that".

Between us my cabinmate and I have been on 12 Princess cruises and both of us rank Thanksgiving week on Ruby near the top. I expect the same standards to remain as Ruby heads for her maiden season in the Pacific with none of the lesser reviews that unfortunately seem to automatically come with a schedule of short getaway cruises.

We were on the Crown cruise just prior to the last noro episode, and we liked the ship.

We are also booked on the Ruby for 15 days in the future.

Have experienced code red on Holland America but that was the last time.

We are looking forward to sailing the Ruby. :)

Patti

We noticed that the Ruby Princess will be doing some California coastal cruises later next year. Crown Princess is doing them right now, but we are reluctant to try Crown again after her recent problems that have been noted here on CC and elsewhere.

Question: Has Ruby been plagued by Norovirus and/or running on "Code Red" often? We really hate the Code Red enforcement and experienced it first hand on Crown on our British Isles cruise a few years ago.

Ruby seems like a more premium ship than some other Princess ships. Is that true? The reviews seem better.

Any thoughts from anyone who recently sailed on her would be vastly appreciated. Thanks in advance !! :)

Noro is everywhere. The Crown is excellent.

Ruby/Crown/Emerald are sister ships, no one is any better/premium then the other.

Hi There

I always find it a little odd that some folks prefer one ship to another when ships are of the same class of build,

Crew is what makes the difference, but crew rotate, they may well be on the same ship for a few years, but they do move.

We have sailed with same crew members on four different ships,

yours Shogun

I think we will give Ruby a try. and yes, it is the staff that make a ship what it is.

We are long time Celebrity cruisers. Infinity and Summit are identical builds, but for some reason our summit experience was less than stellar. It was the crew entirely.

Ruby is great, you will love her

People can say what they want, but with sister ships we always have a favorite

For example - Radiance Class on Royal - have been on all 4 and by far Serenade was our favorite

Oasis/Allure - very tiny differences, but I like Allure better. Cannot even explain why, I just do

We have been on Crown and Ruby and for those I really don't have a favorite, they both are great

• 3 weeks later...