Early Saver Question

getupgo

I called Carnival to inquire about the number of cabins in category 4J because I was under the impression that there has to be a cabin available in your category to qualify for a price drop in ES. She said that is not true. She said an ES can get a price drop even if all cabins are full in your category. Is that true? What do you pros say?

The rep you talked to must have got started sipping champagne a little early. :D

In order to receive price drops, your cabin category has to have unsold cabins available with the same passenger capacity. That makes categories such as the 4Js a little more difficult since there's not alot of them. You should always check, though, because people do cancel/upgrade, etc. You can also look to upgrade.

Yes. It is true. If all the 4J's are sold out and the "next" category "up" has a price LOWER than what you paid ....you are entitled to an upgrade or OBC

This is correct! Happened to us back in May. We ended up taking an upgrade AND getting OBC since it was after final payment date. Can't complain about that!

Edited by iheartmarshall

Champagne is correct. I also have had ES adjustments on my 4J as well as several other sold out categories. My favorite cabin is a porthole... I book early just to get one, and have had many ES OBC adjustments... I always make sure to state that I want OBC ONLY... NO upgrade with my portholes so that I don't end up in a 4B... LOL

I'm really confused now. Its probably redundant anyway because I'm sure this cruise will sell out with no reductions in price. Its hard to find a cruise to Aruba out of Port Canaveral. Its my only chance since DH won't drive and park in Miami. Just have to decide between porthole on Deck 2 or inside/outside on Deck 7. I read of sewage odor on Deck 2, but it was aft and we'd be forward.

What date are you sailing getupgo? We're book on the same itinerary on the Sunshine. Really booked this, because my sister has been wanting to go to Aruba, and I wanna go on the Sunshine. I found the prices rather high - hence why we booked a 4J. I don't mind the cabin, but there are others I would rather have. I'm hoping they will at least relax the occupancy restrictions so we can move to Deck 5 or one of the 4J lobby deck cabins. One NOT under or near the liquid lounge. So many cabins on the Sunshine are triple and quad capacity.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Yes. It is true. If all the 4J's are sold out and the "next" category "up" has a price LOWER than what you paid ....you are entitled to an upgrade or OBC

let me get this straight

We have a 6-K booked. So your saying if a 8-A become's cheaper than my 6-K I'm entitled to OBC

I definitely don't want the upgrade.

I wasn't even going to look at prices because there is only 1 6-K double cabin on the whole ship