Cove cabins bigger than Standard Balcony on Breeze?

Island_Chica

Happy New Year's everyone. We are getting to book our first Carnival cruise later today, a last minute on the Breeze. We've got four in our cabin, two adults and 3 and 5 year old. Obviously space is important. I've read anecdotally that "Cove" balcony cabins are roomier than standard balcony cabins. I'm not sure if this refers to the cabin itself or the size of the balcony. Can anyone confirm? A suite is not in the budget this go-around, so we'll make do with the best we can! Thank you.

Thanks all. Those Deluxe OVs look nice! We still may opt for the balcony as my favorite moments are sitting on the balcony in the morning as we are pulling into port. I miss that when I don't have a balcony! Sounds like cove vs standard is irrelevant when it comes to space. Thanks!

We had a cove balcony on Breeze with 2 adults and two DDs (12 and 14) and we were fine! Loved being so close to the ocean! Remember that the standard balconies on Breeze are perched over the decks, not directly over the ocean.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Since you are booking last minute I will suggest you be mindful of what is above and below your stateroom. I really like the cove balconies as they are so near the water but be sure you have a cabin forward. Many of the mid ship are under the galley and that is a very noisy area.

With regular balcony cabin mid ship overlooks the decks below. To be able to look straight down to the water without the obstruction of deck 5 you need to book at least the 3rd aft balcony. Not sure on the forward location as we always stay aft.

One last thought if you will permit a comment from a worried grandmother. You might want a regular balcony just for safety. The cove balcony have metal bars on the lower part whereas the regular balcony has Plexiglas. Please, please don't think I am making a judgment on your parenting. I just want you to enjoy your vacation without added stress. Last time we had a cove I commented to my husband that I wouldn't want to deal with the opening at the bottom with our little diva (3 year old grandchild)

The doors out to the balcony are difficult to open and have a lock high enough that little fingers can not reach. So that is one less worry.

As replied by another member, the cabin itself is exactly the same size. The balcony is roomier.

See the video tour link in my signature below.

Enjoy your cruise !

:)

Thanks for providing the link on your cove balcony video tour. I have always wondered what the cove balconies were like and now I know. I may have to try one of them myself soon.

One last thought if you will permit a comment from a worried grandmother. You might want a regular balcony just for safety.

The funny thing is my husband wanted to view videos of the various cabins and wasn't comfortable with the Cove balcony either for the kids. He didn't like the direct shot to the water without a deck or anything sticking out below. We opted for a mid-ship regular balcony on Deck 9, so the promenade deck is sticking out below (albeit 4 floors below but still). Our littles are never out there without us, but it never hurts to be extra-careful, accidents happen and this will minimize the chance.