Buy water, coke etc near Houston Terminal

Max49

We are flying into IAH from Colorado on 2-14, staying at the Mariot by IAH and our cruise on the Emerald leaves port on 2-15. This is our very first cruise ever.

I would like to take a 12 pack of bottled water and some soda but would rather not carry them all the way from Denver.

We won't have a rental car. Is there any where near the port or near the Marriot Hotel where we can buy some before we board?

Thanks in advance,

Max & Jan

I'm not sure if the Emerald goes out of Galveston or the Port of Houston but if it is the Port of Houston, there is absolutely nothing near the port (other than industrial). I would call the Marriott and ask about stores near the hotel. Also, if you haven't finalized your flights yet, Hobby is closer to the ports than IAH. We've flown into both for cruises out of Galveston and the port of Houston.

there is absolutely nothing immediately around the port. there is a little drive in grocery at the corner of 146 and Red Bluff I think. they might have something but will probably be drive in prices. you will be much more likely to find something near the hotel and might even find that they will help you out. good luck.

Are you at the Airport Marriott? There is absolutely nothing within walking distance from the hotel or the port of Galveston. You can take a taxi from the Airport Marriott and ask them to take you to Aldi's on 1960 (15 min/6 miles) or Kroger on 1960 near Deerbrook Mall (15 min/7 miles).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
Are you at the Airport Marriott? There is absolutely nothing within walking distance from the hotel or the port of Galveston. You can take a taxi from the Airport Marriott and ask them to take you to Aldi's on 1960 (15 min/6 miles) or Kroger on 1960 near Deerbrook Mall (15 min/7 miles).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might want to contact the concierge at the hotel and see if they can arrange to have the water and pop ready for you when you arrive.

Edited by mek