PRE-NIGHT FOR THE OASIS in Ft Lauderdale

have another question on our pre-night in Ft Lauderdale...staying 2 nights at the Bahia Mar near the port...March 5th and 6th...any one know if they have a liquor store near the hotel and some restaurants that we can go to for our pre-nights...would like to purchase some wine to bring aboard for the cruise since we are allowed 2 bottles for our cabin...I think they sell beer and wine in the grocery stores in Florida but maybe not hard liquor...maybe i'm wrong...any help here would be much appreciated...thanks...

Edited by EaganCruiser

We too are staying at the Bahia Mar.......March 6 & 7. We're sailing Allure on the 8th.

We've stayed at the Bahia Mar twice before and really like it. Yes, it is an easy walk to restaurants, bars, and shopping. It's also next door to a water taxi stop so it's easy to get pretty much anywhere. I'm pretty sure there is a liquor/wine store nearby, but not certain.

thanks Ken...I know that wine is permitted but not hard booze...was looking for suggestions on where to purchase near the Bahia Mar hotel...and also restaurant options for dinner also near the hotel...do not want to travel with bottles of wine wrapped up in our luggage from Minnesota...the way airlines shot put luggage that an accident waiting to happen...feel more comfortable purchasing in Florida and carrying it onto the Oasis when we board...:)

any idea of how far the total wine store is from Bahia Mar...is it within walking distance...if it is the same total wine and liquor that I have been to in both Las Vegas and Minneapolis these stores are awesome...almost like a grocery store for beer wine and spirits...can get lost in them for hrs...and Fantastic prices to boot...:)

any idea of how far the total wine store is from Bahia Mar...is it within walking distance...if it is the same total wine and liquor that I have been to in both Las Vegas and Minneapolis these stores are awesome...almost like a grocery store for beer wine and spirits...can get lost in them for hrs...and Fantastic prices to boot...:)

It would be over a 2 mile walk.

have another question on our pre-night in Ft Lauderdale...staying 2 nights at the Bahia Mar near the port...March 5th and 6th...any one know if they have a liquor store near the hotel and some restaurants that we can go to for our pre-nights...would like to purchase some wine to bring aboard for the cruise since we are allowed 2 bottles for our cabin...I think they sell beer and wine in the grocery stores in Florida but maybe not hard liquor...maybe i'm wrong...any help here would be much appreciated...thanks...

We had a great lunch at Coconuts our first day there. Very nice outdoor deck on the marina. They have a starter call The Scooby that is crab claws in a strong garlic butter for dipping. We walked from there to the Public Beach (across from where you are staying) and slowly made our way south down the beach to see the ship head out up close. We stopped along the way at the tiki bar at one of the resorts. It appeared this was only for hotel guests, but took cash and no one bother to check if we were guest. Then, we made our way to the north end of the channel to watch all 6 cruise ships head out that day. It was spectacular to see them that close. I'll post a few pics from my phone when I get a chance. What was neat to see, is that the ships push water out as they go. Kids were standing on the rocks and when a ship would go by, it would create a beach about 40 yards out. The kids would sprint out and run back to beat the wave of water back in. Oasis pushed the most water out.

The next day, we set up at The Oasis right on the beach on one of their cool rocking tables and watched the ships head out in the distance.

We didn't shop there, but as I recall there was a liquor store a block north of where Bubba Gump Shrimp was there on the beach.

34cf17212552068c69f936e4f31fa24d.jpg

Here is s shot of how close you can get to the ships on the moth end of the channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did this too! It's awesome. We walked from the Bahia Mar to the rock jetty. We walked slowly along the beach. It wasn't a far walk, but the sand is pretty soft so it was a slow walk :)

Every time I've sailed out of Port Everglades, I've always said I would stand on the rock jetty and wave one day. I finally did this past trip! It is pretty cool! Of course I'd rather be the one on the ship, but still... :)

We also had an ocean front room at the Bahia Mar and had a great view of the ships coming out of the Harbor.

We stayed at the B Hotel (the old Sheraton) Dec. 5th and walked the beach up to LuLu's Bait Shack for a late lunch. If you walk the sidewalk north of Bahia Mar, you will pass lots of bars/restaurants, Coconuts, Bubba Gumps,etc. Several have outside seating and happy hour specials. If you make it to LuLu's, 17 S. Atlantic Blvd., there is a CVS store in the complex that sells beer and wine.

It' a nice stroll along the Blvd.