Hair Dryers on RCCL

Wife and I are booked on Voyager,departing Sydney in February.

She would prefer to take her own Hair Dryer and Straightening Iron,but we are not sure if she can.

Royal apparently say no,they are fire hazard's,however I have seen some posts that say it is OK.

What experiences,thoughts do others have ?

Have always taken my own hairdryer and curling iron. Never had any problem getting them aboard. They only thing is that there are no plugs in the bathroom that you can use to plug into. You have to use the plug that is over the desk/vanity in the main part of the room, otherwise now problem.

Of course it's ok....if ships wouldn't allow women (and some men!) their hair appliances, women would NOT cruise. I know I wouldn't!

Being on the ship is like being in a hotel...bring what you need to look and feel your best.

I have a Belkin 3-outlet Mini Surge Protector that I use. Best $15 I ever spent.

I bought one of those for our cruise next week! Yay, I can't believe I get to say next week! LOL

I used to take a long power strip and never had a problem but it's been 5 years since I cruised and I've heard some people have had problems getting them on. It's not that I would mind if they confiscated it, but I would hate not having the extra outlets!

I bought one of those for our cruise next week! Yay, I can't believe I get to say next week! LOL

I used to take a long power strip and never had a problem but it's been 5 years since I cruised and I've heard some people have had problems getting them on. It's not that I would mind if they confiscated it, but I would hate not having the extra outlets!

You'll love it! It's so helpful when you want to charge your phone/camera battery/computer/whatever and want to do your hair at the same time. :)

I'm jealous you're going next week. Lucky you! We got an inch of snow here in Madison today and it's making me very excited for my cruise in 56 days. Have a great time!!!