Princess Visa card

madgemonica

Here are links to check for answers to your question:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2031&cellNumber=3

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/additional_faq/42694en-us.jsp

I redeem my awards for a credit on my balance due & have received a total of $2000 so it's been worthwhile for me.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Here are links to check for answers to your question:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2031&cellNumber=3

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/additional_faq/42694en-us.jsp

I redeem my awards for a credit on my balance due & have received a total of $2000 so it's been worthwhile for me.

How much did you have to charge to get $2,000 credit?

How much did you have to charge to get $2,000 credit?

Originally they had a better redemption rate for higher accumulated point totals which stopped due to too many businesses accumulating too many points. Currently the best exchange rate is 60,000 points earning a $500 credit. Before the change we needed 105,000 points for a $1,000 credit which would currently require 120,000 points for that amount of credit. Thus we needed 225,000 points (including our 20,000 complimentary points) which currently would require 240,000 points for a $2,000 credit.

We charge all of our purchases & pay the balance monthly so there's no cost to us. We also get double points on any Princess purchases & when we got the card a couple of years ago the bonus points were 20,000 which I believe is only 5,000 now. Those links should provide accurate info which I haven't viewed recently because it doesn't apply to me. We're currently not spending as much on cruises so we're primarily using an airline mileage card instead.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Originally they had a better redemption rate for higher accumulated point totals which stopped due to too many businesses accumulating too many points. Currently the best exchange rate is 60,000 points earning a $500 credit. Before the change we needed 105,000 points for a $1,000 credit which would currently require 120,000 points for that amount of credit. Thus we needed 225,000 points (including our 20,000 complimentary points) which currently would require 240,000 points for a $2,000 credit.

We charge all of our purchases & pay the balance monthly so there's no cost to us. We also get double points on any Princess purchases & when we got the card a couple of years ago the bonus points were 20,000 which I believe is only 5,000 now. Those links should provide accurate info which I haven't viewed recently because it doesn't apply to me. We're currently not spending as much on cruises so we're primarily using an airline mileage card instead.

I have had the Princess Barclay card for years and have redeemed the points for larger amounts.I just checked my points and award levels and they are quite different than yours.Could they have more than one redemption schedule?Their website has the following:Cruise discounts:80,000 pts.=$1000,160,000pts=$2000.Free cruises:200,000pts=$3000,265,000pts=$4000 and 375,000pts=$7500.I am currently at 220,000pts and plan to redeem at the next level.The Barclay site also says that points expire after 5 years and I spoke to them twice and was assured that my current points were not subject to expiration.

FYI - Just did a Google on Princess Barclay Card and received this display:

Thank you for your interest in a Princess Rewards Visa Card.

Unfortunately, this offer has expired.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please click here to check out current offers.

Clicked on CLICK HERE and got:

Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard®

Start by earning 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days—that’s enough to redeem for a $200 travel statement credit. Book your travel anywhere with your Barclaycard Arrival card. Earn 2X miles on travel and dining and 1X miles on all other purchases. Redeem your miles for travel statement credits — redemptions start at 2,500 miles for $25 toward travel purchases made in the last 120 days. Plus, get 10% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem for travel statement credits. Enjoy all of this and more with no annual fee. Apply today!

Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®

Announcing the new Barclaycard Arrival Plus chip card that gives you increased confidence and convenience to pay abroad as easily as you do at home! Earning miles is quick and easy, reward travel is simple, and the places and moments that matter most are never far away. Start by earning 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days—that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit. Book your travel anywhere with your Barclaycard Arrival Plus card. Earn 2X miles on your purchases. Choose any travel purchase within the last 120 days and redeem your miles for a travel statement credit toward all or a portion of your travel purchases. Plus, get 10% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem for travel statement credits. The $89 annual fee is waived for the first year. Apply today!

Barclaycard® Rewards – Good Credit

Great rate, great rewards and no annual fee. Earn 2 points per $1 spent on gas, groceries and utilities and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. Redeem your points for flights, shopping, dining and more. Use your points for a statement credit on almost any purchase with the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard. Apply today!

So, those cards/offers are not available unless there is another one being offered.

FYI - The Princess Rewards Visa Offers:

No Annual Fee2

No Foreign Transaction Fees2 – enjoy greater freedom with no foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad

Earn 5,000 Bonus Princess Points after you make your first purchase3

Earn two (2) points per $1 spent on all Princess purchases including onboard purchases4

Earn one (1) point for every $1 spent on all other purchases2

Redemption:

200,000 points and get a Cruise Discount up to $3,000

5,000 points for a Champagne Balcony Breakfast

50,000 points for a $500 statement credit against airfare

60,000 points will get you $750- statement credit. pay it to Princess towards the cruise and get 15,000 points = $150- OBC. UBB is 5,000 ($50-) but if using OBC is only $32-... that leaves $18- for Crooners :D

Thanks John & others who provided accurate info...I didn't have time to research everything & obviously my recollection was wrong. :o :o

My most recent & possibly last big redemption was $750 for 60,000 points. Once again my apologies for posting inaccurate info & I'll need to check it again as there as some new options such as the balcony dinner.

Presumably Brits applying for the Princess Visa card is as easy as it s for us Canadians.....virtually impossible. Barclay's want a Social Security Number in order to apply and our Canadian Social Insurance number (equivalent) means nothing to them.

I am Canadian and live in Canada. But I own property, pay taxes and have a bank account all in the USA and the bank account comes with a US Visa card. But Barclays has no interest in me.

I have always assumed that Barclay's credit cards were related somehow to Barclays Bank which is British isn't it? Maybe you will have more luck than I have had getting a Princess Visa card. Frustrating.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector