Shore Excursion or Something Else Under $75pp??

Smilefy

So this will be my 5th time to Cozumel. In the past I have been around the town area and shopping, visited the mayan ruins, gone on a speed boat excursion to isla pasion and toured the amazing secret river.

We will be doing a dolphin encounter in Jamaica, so I decided to focus on a snorkel type adventure for Cozumel. I am a slightly disappointed not to be going to Roatan on this cruise because I am in love with Tabyana Beach and have set the bar for all beach breaks in comparison to this one.

So please help me decide :)

Everybody Loves Rays! (RCI Shore Excursion)

DURATION: 3 HOURS

or

Clear Kayak & Beach Snorkel Combo - Playa Uvas (RCI Shore Excursion)

DURATION: 3 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES

or

A PAYG model that offers Kayak rentals, snorkeling off the beach and so forth. We most likely will not be bringing our own snorkeling gear this time as we are just taking a carryon each.

How about a $10 cab to The Money Bar, one of their snorkel packages with rental gear, followed by a bucket of beers, some nachos, and another $10 cab back to the ship? :confused: Great snorkeling from the shore - many of the smaller tour operators put you into a boat and bring you to the same spot.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Again, thanks for the advice. :)

Chankanaab: Amazing photos and the palapas are so tempting!: $11 taxi + $19 admittance fee w/ coupon + $15 snorkel gear rental + ?? kayak rental. As long as we don't go overboard on food, should be under $75. Though with it being a park, I'm hoping to avoid extreme crowds, in June. Is that an unrealistic expectation?

The Money Bar: Smaller, seemingly more quiet setting?? I won't complain about that! No entry fee and $20 for snorkel rental and kayak rental fees leaves a lot of spare change in the budget.

Has anyone been to both? I am curious which has better snorkeling.

I was just at Money Bar in October.

It is small, a palapa for food and drinks, then a raised beach area with tables, and a snorkeling area. Nothing more.

Chankanaab is an amusement park with all types of activities and displays, shops, 2 restaurants, a beach area, a snorkeling area, dolphins and sea lion shows, etc. It is a huge area, paths to walk around, etc. More people but a bigger place with more to do. Yes it is more touristy but it is a national park.

No real comparison. For just adults I would do Money Bar. With kids I would do Chankanaab.... just my opinion.

I have been researching snorkeling in Coz too and came across Punta Sur which is also a national park but appears to be way less crowded than Chaknaab (sp?). You can schedule it yourself (taxi, pay fee to get in etc) or book an all inclusive thru Palpito's which is located inside the National Park. I am still researching this, but appears to have great snorkeling, be fairly cheap and lots less people.