Crown loft suite vs Aquatheatre Suite

Hi all, looking for some advice from you seasoned cruisers..

I'm organizing a big trip - coming from New Zealand so looking to splurge a little on a fabulous trip for myself, hubby, 2 kids and in laws (6 of us in total). First time on RCI.

Happy to spend a little extra $$ and interested in either Oasis/Allure - current thoughts are either booking 2 Crown Loft suites or an Aquatheatre suite which will fit us all in. Would the overall price be comparable? Without going to my travel agent I am struggling to find a good estimate of the price of an Aquatheatre suite.. I like the 2 story layout of the Crown Loft (something a little different!),. whilst the Aquatheatre looks entertaining - however, worried about the noise level for the kids though.

Any thoughts on pros/cons of each, sure would be appreciated! :)

Thanks everyone!

I'd go 2 CLS over the ATS. The price will be about the same, if not less for the two over the one. Also way more space, which allows more privacy, which after a week should make for a happy family. Espically when you have travelled all the way from New Zealand. I forgot to mention 4 full bathrooms in the 2 CLS, where the ATS has either 1.5 or 2 (can't remeber) for the whole cabin. Both have wonderful balconies.

ATS are usually around 15,000, but it depends on the sailing. Had one booked once for four adults and one child and then changed it to two suites. The more I thought about it the extra space is what sold me.

I have stayed in OS, CLS, SLS, RS, and RLS on Oasis class so if you have a few more questions let me know. I should be able to help and if I can't there are many others here that are highly qualified.

Depending on when you sail, Allure should still have the PFS as well as the RFS which also might work for you.

We have not stayed in the CLS but have done the ATS a couple times. We have stayed away from the CLS because it didn't offer enough privacy for us. The additional bed seems to be very open to the rest of the room, but with young kids it might not be a problem. Not good for teens. We havent stayed in one, this is just my perspective from the pictures I have seen.

The ATS can be loud at nights when they have the big parties, but we are usually out until midnight or so anyway so it wasn't an issue. The bedrooms are towards the more interior part of the room so they are protected from the noise. And I am light sleeper and it was never an issue for me.

We really enjoy watching the action of Boardwalk. One cruise they were switching out a majority of the cast for the aquatheater show so they were practicing a lot and we enjoyed watching them rehearse.

There are two full baths and each bedroom is its own room. At the back end of the room is a family room with a wet bar and then of course the huge balcony. For six people it would be crowded in the smaller bedroom which would have the two twins and then two Pullmans which fold out from the wall. We did one cruise with my parents in the second bedroom and the kids in an interior room a few rooms away. But then the kids couldn't come in the concierge lounge so of that is important that might not be a good option for you.

I haven't priced the CLS in a while but I would be surprised if they were only half the cost of the ATS.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan

I think you have to ask yourself what kind of experience do you want: action and excitement or quiet and isolated and if you like being all together in same suite or need some alone time with separate suites. My family sailed on Allure in May 2012 with 8 total with 5 (my mom, brother, sister in law and 10 year old niece and nephew) in Aquatheater suite on deck 8 and 3 (husband, daughter, me) in Crownloft suite. My family had a blast in aquatheater suite, mom in master and brother's family in second bedroom. So much room, they enjoyed breakfast on huge deck, shows in aquatheater, watching rock climbing walls, people watching. I enjoyed being on their balcony for shows and drinks and family conversation. They loved the excitement. Even though the suite could have held all 8 of us(we love all being together), I needed another room and 2 bathrooms, so I choose crownloft. Perfect for 3, so quiet, at the opposite end of the spectrum from aquatheater.

For a cruise for hubby and me, I have yet to decide on which cabin to stay in Oct. 2015 on Oasis. I have reserved 2 different cabins and will decide before final payment: crownloft suite 1710 or new aft grand suite 11330. Tough choice for me too.

I have stayed in both the Crown Loft and Aqua Threater. With kids on board, definately the ATS.

I do think the "service" is better in the Crown and the location is much better unless you don't mind long walks...

Edited by Sam.Seattle

Thanks everyone for your ideas and different perspectives - really appreciated. I can see I will probably change my mind a thousand times!!

The ATS Balcony is unbelievably large. Without exaggeration, you could put 25 people on it comfortably.

• 7 months later...
The ATS Balcony is unbelievably large. Without exaggeration, you could put 25 people on it comfortably.

Since you have stayed in an aquatheatre suite...would love to hear the ins and outs.... If you wanted to actually sleep out on the balcony is that possible?

Since you have stayed in an aquatheatre suite...would love to hear the ins and outs.... If you wanted to actually sleep out on the balcony is that possible?

I actually did sleep on the balcony in the ATS. I slept on the ocean side were it is dark, quiet and windy. It was GREAT! My DW thought I lost my mind, but I felt like a kid camping at the ocean.

The decks and living room become notably larger on the lower suites.

I actually did sleep on the balcony in the ATS. I slept on the ocean side were it is dark, quiet and windy. It was GREAT! My DW thought I lost my mind, but I felt like a kid camping at the ocean.

The decks and living room become notably larger on the lower suites.

So since the rci motto for fhe royal genie "hour wish is my command" i wonder if they would bring a nice comfy mattress out there for me...;)

So since the rci motto for fhe royal genie "hour wish is my command" i wonder if they would bring a nice comfy mattress out there for me...;)

That would be nice... I just doubled up the pads from the two chases that were on the deck.