Just set sail from NJ and......

mw_1970

Check in at 11:45-12:15 was very busy but within 5-10 minutes of arrival at terminal we were on board. Lots of people moaning basically because it was "different and confusing". It really isn't it is a leap forward.

Free Wifi for all passengers and it works fine

Quit the moaning people

More positivity to follow

I was watching on the web cam as you sailed under the Verrazano, always a beautiful site to see a ship passing under that bridge. Looked like a rainy sailaway, but you are obviously in good spirits. :)

Have a great cruise!

Can you confirm if any of the restaurants have now added assistant waiters?

Have a wonderful time!

Ate in Silk tonight. Waiter and assistant waiter present. Very disinterested. They are sad that they will not get to build a relationship with their customers due to no fixed tables.

I was watching on the web cam as you sailed under the Verrazano, always a beautiful site to see a ship passing under that bridge. Looked like a rainy sailaway, but you are obviously in good spirits. :)

Have a great cruise!

It was snowing from embarkation almost right up to sail away.

Can you let me know how long it took before you could use the pool...when does the weather get better to enjoy the outside of the ship...\

Enjoy the cruise...

People were in the pools from about 1:30 onwards.

I have heard that they have been having issues with internet minutes going faster than real time on prior cruises. Perhaps this is the reason for the free WiFi.

Dense

Perhaps.

It is working very well though. Very fast.

Free Wifi for all passengers and it works fine

Quit the moaning people

More positivity to follow

That is great news....but do you really think they offered this out of the goodness of their hearts? I bet something is brewing behind the scenes.

Hope you have a great cruise.

We just got off today. We heard some gripping about the wifi speed, but not free for everyone during our cruise. Thought we heard about it not working well one day. Most everyone was at the Solarium or the other indoor pool the first day and warm enough to be at the outdoor pool the second day. We had to be at the indoor pools on the last day on the return.

Edited by omarchs

That is great news....but do you really think they offered this out of the goodness of their hearts? I bet something is brewing behind the scenes.

Hope you have a great cruise.

It was announced by captain over the speaker during muster. My immediate cynical response was

"that means it isn't working properly and they don't want more moaning from those that have paid for it"

How wrong I am. It is free and works fine.

Ate in Silk tonight. Waiter and assistant waiter present. Very disinterested. They are sad that they will not get to build a relationship with their customers due to no fixed tables.

It was snowing from embarkation almost right up to sail away.

Thank you so much for the update.

It is a pretty sight seeing snow falling down on the ship, we've experienced it several times on embarkation with Explorer.

Have a great time on Quantum, she is a beauty.

Perhaps.

It is working very well though. Very fast.

The issues I heard about on FB were not that the internet was not working , they said it worked fine . The problem was that the meter was fast.

When people logged out it told them they had a certain amount of time left. When they logged back on there were less mins left . Guest services and the "IT Guy" observed the problem as well.

Not a really big deal on the unlimited plan but on hourly plans for example a big problem.

Denise

It was announced by captain over the speaker during muster. My immediate cynical response was

"that means it isn't working properly and they don't want more moaning from those that have paid for it"

How wrong I am. It is free and works fine.

It was free and fast for us for 5 days on our Dec. 20th cruise as well. Then Christmas Eve came around and they turned it off for the rest of the cruise. Unless we wanted to pay something like $120...

It was free and fast for us for 5 days on our Dec. 20th cruise as well. Then Christmas Eve came around and they turned it off for the rest of the cruise. Unless we wanted to pay something like $120...

Said it was free for all on this cruise. We'll see.