Which is best Airport Transfer to Hilton Hiwaiian Village?

chrcruiser

We were one of those who just "winged" it. Maybe we were just lucky, but our flight came in at around 11:30 I think, which I assume must be a pretty busy time. We walked right out to the curb, and pretty much straight into a cab which as I recall was around $25 to HHV. I doubt we waited any longer, and maybe less, than those who booked a transfer and then had to spend some time looking for it. There is a sea of buses, private transfers, etc. Try picking yours out of that sea. But yes, many people book transfers and are happy with the service.

The main reason we "winged" it is that we tried to book a transfer with a company often recommended here. They did not want to take the reservation!?! as it was a ways out. They said they'd call us closer to the date. We never got the call. I could have called them back myself, but they did not inspire confidence.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there just two of you? A cab is usually less expensive if more than two, but...I always take a cab because I want to get to the hotel as soon as I can when arriving in Honolulu. The extra $10 for a cab is worth it to me. From what I remember hotel shuttles are usually contracted out and cost more than most other shuttles. Cherie

Edited by cccole

• 2 weeks later...
Worked for Hilton for awhile. Unless they added one and haven't updated their online info, there is no free hotel shuttle. They do have a preferred provider, SpeediShuttle, and also recommend Charley's...

Thank you -- I knew the HHV provided a shuttle and knew that they charged for it -- and you are correct = they list SpeediShuttle & Charley's. I did not read far enough down the page for the name of the tour operators.

TA is also looking into a taxi/shuttle service they use and it will be in Canadian dollars - so might save a few $$ but have to see how many hotels they go to. Other cruises I used a ship transfer once (never again) and go the taxi route as it is usually much quicker to go direct to hotel or airport.