Motion on Oasis

I am surprised at how much we can feel the 'rocking' back and forth on this ship. I expected smooth sailing but the boat has been rocking back and forth pretty heavily since we left. Very noticeable.

We did have to return to FTL yesterday do to a medical emergency and did not head out again till about 11pm last night... So maybe the ship is swaying so much because we're cruising at accelerated speeds?

The ship's motion is determined by the characteristics of the sea and wind relative to the ship's course. We felt significant motion on our Allure cruise and it did not have any schedule changes.

I have been on Oasis twice. The first time we never felt a thing, but the last time there was obvious movement felt and we were told by crew members that certain conditions and certain currents they cannot use the stabilizers, therefore making the movements more noticeable.

I was just surprised. It's not the occasional movement, it's been a pretty significant rocking back and forth since last night.

I'm a dope and forgot to bring motion sickness pills so have been feeling a little queasy but nothing too terrible. Hopefully it will stabilize for the majority of the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are wanting to move at top speed do they pull in the stabilizers? That might have added to the motion

Also, the bigger the ship the more surface there is to catch the wind. While the will have less of an effect on big ships, the wind may have more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our summer calm sea Allure sailing (Oasis class) we noticed the list of the ship when we went to lay down to go to sleep,

It was relaxing.

I guess a company should make a cruise number bed instead of a sleep number bed.................hey I should patent:D

Safe travels