Upgrade offer: need HELP

nik23

Just got email from C&A to upgrade from our Panoramic Ocean View cabin on Deck 7 to a D2 balcony on the Enchantment for only $80 total. ($40pp)

We had the POV cabin last year and really enjoyed the floor to ceiling window with the view. But we really are balcony people. Love the privacy and sounds of the ocean at night from the balcony. The POV worked last year because the temps were not very warm in January and we didn't mind be inside but still enjoying the wide open view. This year we are sailing Feb.

BIG ? that's keeping me from jumping on this offer is the concern for noise: Is there a lot of noise in these balcony rooms? The only available D2's are AFT and FORWARD over the Theater or Lounge. ( 7638, 7654, 7656, 7148, 7150, 7152) We tend to be early riser 6-7 am, but bed early 10-11 pm.

Anyone have experience with these rooms?

Should we go for it? I don't want to miss my very first upgrade/upsell offer !

Thanks all

I would go for it, that's an excellent price. Regarding noise, I don't have any specific experience with the staterooms you listed. My inclination would be to book the aft starboard side, as far forward as you can.

Thanks Bob, you were quick !

I called C&A back and the new agent was able to get me into a D1 mid ship, 7088, for same offer $80. So I am all set :)

Wow, I cant believe the upgrade/upsell fairy is for real ! May be having our Anniversary on the reservation helped.