Back recently from a wonderful cruise.

islington

I don't often post here but really feel that I want to show my appreciation for the wonderful treatment given to my family on a recent cruise on the Quest from Chennai to Singapore.

We did the previous cruise too so this one made our sixteenth with Azamara but the first time with some younger members of our family: our daughter, son, his wife and their young twin daughters who celebrated their 3rd birthday on board.

I cannot begin to say how well the crew reacted to having such young children on board, nothing was too much trouble, indeed when we were quite happy with something they weren't and just tried to make things even better. Eyup, our butler was outstanding anticipating our every need. I had always thought him to be a little serious but he just came to life around the girls, amusing them, giving them gifts, decorating their room.Mario too, went out of his way to assist us in any way he could. In fact, the whole dining staff were incredible, several making them little animals out of the napkins. You could see they all loved them being there and in spite of the girls being identical, they learnt their names and which one was which almost immediately.

On the day of their birthday in Phuket, which was the White Night too, Ryszard arranged a special cake with chocolate ice cream on top and Tony sang happy birthday to them along with all the passengers on deck, they really did feel like little princesses.

The Azamara crew always make everyone feel special on board but this time they outdid themselves. Thank you, everyone single one of you for making that cruise the best one ever for us and one that the rest of our family will never forget.

I am so happy you enjoyed yoour cruise and how great everyone was.. i think the Little Princess's made the staff miss home and thry gave extra love to them to make up for it. plus being the holidays everyoen helps even more.. the laat time i was on a ship for cmas i brought back tons of candy for the staff.

count9ng the days to i arrive back home.

Thank you for posting Islington. I'm glad that you had a great time on Quest. As I (and many others) have been saying for years, it's Azamara's Officers and Crew that make the cruise experience top notch.

We're sailing on Celebrity in 3 weeks, for a very very special birthday for My incredible Mom. I'd post her age here, but she'd kill me :). While I'm hoping our Celebrity cruise will be special, and offer everlasting memories, I know that Azamara would have made it incredibly special. Due to Azamara not having a ship in Miami during Mom's Birthday, we chose Celebrity. Hopefully, we'll sail on Azamara again, someday.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful thoughts, and welcome home !

Edited by Host Andy

What a memorable experience for your family. It never ceases to amaze me as to how kind and thoughtful the whole crew are. Both to guests and their fellow crew members. There is a really good culture on the ship that shows through time and time again. I've said it before that this is why even the passengers seem happy and friendly. It just filters down.

I am so happy you enjoyed yoour cruise and how great everyone was.. i think the Little Princess's made the staff miss home and thry gave extra love to them to make up for it.

That's just what I was thinking as I read the post. I know those with kids growing up really miss them and a chance to share the twins and their birthdays would have been great for them.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Hi,

We were also on this cruise on Quest, and once again experienced great service from every member of the crew who never fail to recognise previous passengers and are delighted to engage in conversation about their families and homes.

It is fair to say that everyone, passengers and crew, enjoyed having the girls on board and all complemented them on their super behaviour and the interaction of the extended family throughout.

Look forward to perhaps seeing them on board again........maybe even have luggage labels for them again!!!!

The only downside to this holiday was the shambles of transfer from hotel to ship and the crazy arrangements for gaining access to the port and eventually onto the ship. Unfortunately typically Indian unnecessary bureaucracy, which was again demonstrated in Port Blair where the Captain of the Quest was seen on the quayside having a robust argument with the port medical officer who had decreed that passengers could not take water ashore with them off the ship. The Captain won!!

The only downside to this holiday was the shambles of transfer from hotel to ship and the crazy arrangements for gaining access to the port and eventually onto the ship. Unfortunately typically Indian unnecessary bureaucracy, which was again demonstrated in Port Blair where the Captain of the Quest was seen on the quayside having a robust argument with the port medical officer who had decreed that passengers could not take water ashore with them off the ship. The Captain won!!

I got off the ship in Chennai as you got on and had dealt with a number of ports in India that were as bad. They were all an immigration hassle. Whilst India is a wonderful country to visit it does attack the senses in so many ways. I was glad to get out of Chennai Airport with its non-existent flight announcements, incorrect information (I could very well have missed my flight had I not been on the ball) and a men's room that smelled like badly maintained public loos. I know there were a lot of crew who were looking forward to leaving India.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Of course Jose won.. hands down! i never been to India and still do not want to go.. i have friends getting on March 21st.. good luck to them.. but did not know the airports were as exciting as the ones in S America.

Alfredo1, thank you for your kind words.

I would like to say that it is lovely people like you,who get into the spirit of friendly interaction with fellow passengers as well as crew, that make cruising with Azamara so much more special and a feeling of returning "home". With so many returning passengers you never fail to encounter familiar faces and like minded people.

We too, look forward to our paths crossing again.

Jenni