Navigator

Suzez

We have booked a cruise on Navigator for 2016. This will be our first cruise with RSS. We have booked a mid ship suite on deck 8. It is just above the life boats. Is this a good position? Any tips or advice about RCC and Navigator, I would be grateful for. Thank you

Hi there,

If you put the word "Navigator" in the search box, it'll call up lots and lots of discussions about the ship. I suspect you'll be able to find answers to many questions there; there's a trove of good information.

Enjoy! (I've never been on Navigator, but I like RSSC's other two ships very much.)

If you read through that material and find you still have some specific questions that weren't covered (or that you want to find out more about), don't hesitate to ask here again. Regent CCers are wonderful about helping newbies (and oldies).

We had a Navigator Suite on a trans-Atlantic cruise that was right under the pool deck and we had not problem at all with noise from the chairs. True the chairs were moved around when they washed the deck each day. But it didn't bother us.

We also had a PH suite - same size as a normal suite on the Navigator - on Deck 8. And were somewhat in the bow. There or midships is where you want to be on the Navigator because the stern vibrates a lot. Where we were didn't bother us at all. The suites are all very comfortable and spacious.

The big negative I have with the Navigator is twofold - only two restaurants plus the Veranda buffet - Polo and the Compass Rose - so choice is limited. And the second is the lack of something like the "Coffee Connection" on the Mariner. The lounge that serves coffee in the mornings is very small indeed. Come to think of it - three negatives - Gallileo's lounge is in the stern. There is no Observation lounge at all. Which is a shame.

Suzez, We have cruised on the Navigator 3 times, 3 totally different itineraries, and loved all of them. You will find the Nav to be a comfortable, congenial little ship with a great staff and wonderful service. The suites are very roomy and comfortable.

By the way, I believe Hambagahle meant to say that other than the main restaurant, Compass Rose, there are Prime 7 (not Polo):) and Setti Mari, which is the buffet during the day to, choose from. You need reservations for Prime 7.

Enjoy your cruise!

Midship anywhere on the Navigator is good' date=' except under the pool deck. Forward is fine too. You just don't want aft (unless you don't mind a pretty heavy vibration) or under the pool deck (sounds of chairs scraping early in the morning).[/quote']

We have booked cabin 836 which is midship, I am wondering if we should move forward a bit due to the vibrations!

We had a Navigator Suite on a trans-Atlantic cruise that was right under the pool deck and we had not problem at all with noise from the chairs. True the chairs were moved around when they washed the deck each day. But it didn't bother us.

We also had a PH suite - same size as a normal suite on the Navigator - on Deck 8. And were somewhat in the bow. There or midships is where you want to be on the Navigator because the stern vibrates a lot. Where we were didn't bother us at all. The suites are all very comfortable and spacious.

The big negative I have with the Navigator is twofold - only two restaurants plus the Veranda buffet - Polo and the Compass Rose - so choice is limited. And the second is the lack of something like the "Coffee Connection" on the Mariner. The lounge that serves coffee in the mornings is very small indeed. Come to think of it - three negatives - Gallileo's lounge is in the stern. There is no Observation lounge at all. Which is a shame.

We had a good look at the ship and realise she is the smallest in the fleet. Our cruise is mainly for the ports of call. Can you get coffee any time of day?we often enjoy a coffee and cake after a day out in port.

If you read through that material and find you still have some specific questions that weren't covered (or that you want to find out more about), don't hesitate to ask here again. Regent CCers are wonderful about helping newbies (and oldies).

Thank you I am quite new to cruise critic. I appreciate any help :)

Hi Suzez,

We had our second cruise on Navigator just in October/November past, and it was excellent. It's a small friendly ship and the staff are very helpful and get to know you quickly. We dined in all the 3 venues and were more than happy with food,service and wines.

Your cabin location looks fine, we were both times on deck 9 slightly more forward. The Navigator bar serves a great selection of coffee all day, and also the usual drinks menu. It is a small cozy area and it helps to get to know fellow passengers.

We felt comfortable and well looked after on this ship and would happily sail on her again. Have a wonderful cruise.

Jean.

In truth, it frazzles my nerves to read negatives about Navigator. Yet that's not to say they should not be posted. We are sailing aboard her for ten nights out of Miami on Jan. 27th bound for the Western Caribbean.

It will be our first cruise (Jim's ever, mine as an adult and an advanced one at that). We'll be in the bow (901) so not expecting much vibration. We know it's a smaller ship and that's fine with us. We won't miss the venues that aren't available. We're not much focused on the ports / excursions but very much looking forward to being at sea and on the water.

We fly on the 25th and I'm getting excited! Jim is trying to pretend this isn't happening but I think he'll quite like it.

Edited by OctoberKat

Suzez - We also like Navigator very much and agree with everything that Liptastic said. Afternoon (English style) teas are held in Galileo's Lounge (as I recall) on Deck 11 every afternoon beginning around 4:00 - 4:30pm and coincide with a daily "trivia" competition. You can get a cup of coffee and cake at that time/venue or, you can "kick off your shoes" and have room service deliver an afternoon snack right to your stateroom when you get back in the afternoons.

I think you'll find that Suite #836 will be a very nice and comfortable Concierge Suite for you and is not too far aft (in case you were worried about reported cases of "vibration").

We took Navigator to Alaska in 2011 and had a terrific time. We will be onboard Navigator again in Oct 2015 from NY to Montreal. Can't wait! Best Regards.

Hi Suzez,

We had our second cruise on Navigator just in October/November past, and it was excellent. It's a small friendly ship and the staff are very helpful and get to know you quickly. We dined in all the 3 venues and were more than happy with food,service and wines.

Your cabin location looks fine, we were both times on deck 9 slightly more forward. The Navigator bar serves a great selection of coffee all day, and also the usual drinks menu. It is a small cozy area and it helps to get to know fellow passengers.

We felt comfortable and well looked after on this ship and would happily sail on her again. Have a wonderful cruise.

Jean.

Thank you Jean. We are really looking forward to our cruise on her. She looks a lovely ship

In truth, it frazzles my nerves to read negatives about Navigator. Yet that's not to say they should not be posted. We are sailing aboard her for ten nights out of Miami on Jan. 27th bound for the Western Caribbean.

It will be our first cruise (Jim's ever, mine as an adult and an advanced one at that). We'll be in the bow (901) so not expecting much vibration. We know it's a smaller ship and that's fine with us. We won't miss the venues that aren't available. We're not much focused on the ports / excursions but very much looking forward to being at sea and on the water.

We fly on the 25th and I'm getting excited! Jim is trying to pretend this isn't happening but I think he'll quite like it.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Our cruise has no sea days. I do like sea days also.

Suzez - We also like Navigator very much and agree with everything that Liptastic said. Afternoon (English style) teas are held in Galileo's Lounge (as I recall) on Deck 11 every afternoon beginning around 4:00 - 4:30pm and coincide with a daily "trivia" competition. You can get a cup of coffee and cake at that time/venue or, you can "kick off your shoes" and have room service deliver an afternoon snack right to your stateroom when you get back in the afternoons.

I think you'll find that Suite #836 will be a very nice and comfortable Concierge Suite for you and is not too far aft (in case you were worried about reported cases of "vibration").

We took Navigator to Alaska in 2011 and had a terrific time. We will be onboard Navigator again in Oct 2015 from NY to Montreal. Can't wait! Best Regards.

Oh that sounds perfect. I am expecting some 'noises' on this ship as we have experienced some on another ship before. All part of being at sea I suppose.

We, too, are on the Jan.27th voyage--Room 840. It will be our third trip on the Navigator. While it is not the most up-to-date of the Regent fleet, it is comfortable. We love the smaller ship, the informality, and the lack of pressure to do anything other than enjoy.

It's lovely to read all the like-minded comments that I have written about Navigator. We felt so relaxed when we boarded again just in October past. We have cruised on all three Regent ship's but feel most comfortable on Navigator. I wish all of you future Navigator cruisers all the very best for a wonderful cruise and are envious of you. Look forward to hearing your news after your holiday.

Jean

• 2 weeks later...
We, too, are on the Jan.27th voyage--Room 840. It will be our third trip on the Navigator. While it is not the most up-to-date of the Regent fleet, it is comfortable. We love the smaller ship, the informality, and the lack of pressure to do anything other than enjoy.

That is exactly what we are hoping to do. Although a busy itinerary may not allow too much relaxation time. I quite like an older ship, something nice about them :)

Octoberkat..

Have a great trip.as you know we were 903 and there was no vibration or any ship 'noise'.Our cabin was great...Hope you get the opportunity to sit outside Sette Mari at least one evening to see the beautiful moon over the carribean.

Edited by janecambridge

We've sailed on Navigator a couple of times and never noticed the "intolerable" vibration problem some people have reported. I'm not doubting it exists, maybe we're just less sensitive to it. She is the smallest Regent ship and so there can be times when public areas get very busy, eg, breakfast in La Veranda on days with lots of tours organised. It's also disappointing that there are no forward facing lounges or other public areas: they are all located at the back of the ship. But these are very minor niggles really and they won't spoil your enjoyment I'm sure. Bon voyage!