Questions on Oasis of the Seas flight home

Hi. We (me and my husb) just booked the Oasis on the April 18 sailing! :D We are driving to FL but coming home, I am flying and he is driving back. I have to get back to work whereas he is going to visit with some buddies in SC for some golf.

We plan to park at the Port Everglades parking lot. Can I make a 12:30 pm flight out of FLL? I'm assuming we'll be in the car pretty quick after customs...just not sure how far it is to airport or if we should take our own luggage off the ship so that we don't have to waste time looking for our luggage? Never been on the Oasis before so not sure how quickly things move.

THere are also fights home at 1:40 or 3:30 pm, but would much rather get on the 12:30 flight!

Thank you.

My advice is to go for 1:40 flight to be safe. Disembarkation is efficient, but that's a lot of people to get off of one ship and the airport is a mess! Suitcases relatively easy to find, but if you want to take it off yourself that is no problem and likely to be first group off.

You'll have more than enough tim to make it. The airport is only about 10 minutes from the port.

That depends on when they get off the ship. If they self disembark, yes, it's plenty of time. If they have an early departure time, it's plenty of time. If the scheduled departure time is 9am or later, I'd be concerned.

This is based on one trip on Oasis, so I don't know if it follows or not... we were supposed to be called to disembark at 9:30, we were finally called at 9:50. By the time we got off the ship, got our luggage, and got through customs it was 10:30.

That means being in a car by 10:45 and at the airport around 10:50. You have no idea what check in and security lines will be like (I've heard they can be pretty bad). That's too close for me.

OP, in your shoes, I would request an 8am departure. If you get an assigned departure after 9am, I would go to guest services and request an earlier time.

I don't see any reason to do express walkoff.

You should be fine with a 12:40pm flight, just bear in mind it takes about an hour to get through leaving the ship and customs. I had a 930 departure yesterday and didn't get outside to the shuttles/taxis till 1030. The airport is only 10minutes from the port, you might just want to jump on the tail-end of the express self carry checkout which the latest is 8am I think that should have you out of customs at 9am the latest with plenty of time to make it to the airport.

You will be fine. You can also do early departure(carry your own luggage off) and be sitting at the airport by 9. If your worried then depart early and that way you will be sitting and relaxing far before your plane leaves