needing transportation from Port Everglades to Rental car at FLL

What company? Some have offices closer than the airport. But to answer your question, a cab is easy and should be about $15.00 or so, with tip. The following information from another post, courtesy member "MADflyer":

"Alamo/National only shuttle from Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle. I use a big box store website and they often have incredible rates.

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit."

What company? Some have offices closer than the airport. But to answer your question, a cab is easy and should be about $15.00 or so, with tip. The following information from another post, courtesy member "MADflyer":

"Alamo/National only shuttle from Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle. I use a big box store website and they often have incredible rates.

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit."

I was looking for this info myself. Can you tell me how far the Avis Hyatt is from the Cruise Terminal? Thanks

I was looking for this info myself. Can you tell me how far the Avis Hyatt is from the Cruise Terminal? Thanks

It can be up to 2.5 miles depending on the cruise terminal. Walking is not advised. They do operate a shuttle to that location. They just do not offer shuttle to airport location.

It can be up to 2.5 miles depending on the cruise terminal. Walking is not advised. They do operate a shuttle to that location. They just do not offer shuttle to airport location.

Forget about walking. Take the shuttle or a cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is indeed Alamo. So they run a shuttle from the port to FLL if you have a reservation. That sounds wonderful.

We are returning a rental car to Alamo just before our cruise. (we will be in FL for a week prior) Does Alamo have a shuttle from FLL TO the port also? If so, do we need a reservation?

Edited by cruisingram1

I would not go with the info re shuttle service from here alone. Some of the companies will do it during certain times and only with a reservation or call ahead. Make sure to call directly to the rental location and check on their procedures. Don't assume anything.

And if all else fails, just cab it to pick up the cars. Every once in a while posters will get all upset here saying they waited an hour for the car rental shuttle at the port. :eek: Considering all the car rental spots are closer than 15 min away, why would anyone stand around when they could be in the car and driving on to their next destination?

I know, heh?:confused:

We are returning a rental car to Alamo just before our cruise. (we will be in FL for a week prior) Does Alamo have a shuttle from FLL TO the port also? If so, do we need a reservation?

Only Alamo/National run the shuttle to and from the airport location. All other companies have off airport port locations with shuttle. Sixt is the only one I do not have personal experience with, but they do show a shuttle on their website to their 17th st. location.

The Alamo drivers only ask to see the receipt of the car you have just returned to board the bus to the port. No reservations, just board the port bus at the first stop to the right outside rental car terminal. (Always subject to change)

• 1 year later...

Alamo and National are the only two rental car companies that provide free shuttle service from Port Everglades back to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. The other rental car companies only provide shuttle service to their specific locations, mostly on 17th street in Fort Lauderdale. Alamo and National also provide shuttle service from FLL to Port Everglades. If you rented from any of the other major rental car companies and are returning the vehicle to FLL a taxi is a short ten to fifteen minute ride to Port Everglades.