Cruise booking remorse?

tizbo1423

Ok so on a whim I booked a 4 day cruise (and paid in full on a credit card..and booked flights). We had a tight schedule to work with and it was one of 2 options that could have worked for us. Now I may possibly have a little regret on which cruise I booked. Does anyone have any experience with travel insurance, or Carnivals cancellation policy? Is there anyway to avoid losing a big chunk of money if we cancel?

Or maybe I just need to hear some good things about the cruise we chose - 4 day Bahamas (Freeport & Nassau) on Fascination out of Jacksonville at the end of January. I'm mostly worried about the ship we're on.. and the ports that we've been to plenty of times before. I hate feeling that I spent a good amount of money on a vacation that I am not excited about.. at the moment, at least. Help!

I cannot comment on travel insurance or Carnival's cancelation policy, but we just got off a 5 day cruise on Fascination. She is a smaller ship without some of the newer perks (Guys Burgers, etc), but we had a really great time! Staff was outstanding, food was very good and there was plenty to do on the ship to keep our family (3 adults, 1 teen) as busy as we wanted to be. The ports are not my favorite ports we have ever visited, but again, we had fun! We usually do not book excursions through Carnival, but did this time because of my late planning. We did the catamaran/snorkel in Nassau, which was really nice. If you like rum punch, be sure to ask the "bartender" to add an extra splash of rum to your punch. He will do it with a smile. We did Open Bar beach day in Freeport. A little chilly, but the beach was nice, drinks were good (not too strong for me) and there were activities going on through the day.

I had some reservations about this trip when we booked as well, but it was the only one that fit our travel dates. I do not regret taking the trip at all - it was really great! Hope this helps! Either way, have a great time and enjoy every minute of your vacation!

We had booked a 5 day cruise for April. We decided we wanted to go on a longer cruise. We were able to switch our cruises with a $100 service fee. For us it was worth it to pay that and get a longer cruise. You can always call them and find out if its an option.

You have less than 90-days until cruise, so you are in the "full penalty" period. Travel insurance won't cover if you just don't want to go. They have very clear circumstances that they cover, and you'll need documentation for it. Call Carnival and ask if you can get a future cruise credit for the amount of this cruise if you cancel.

Otherwise, go and enjoy yourself. Try looking at the Funtimes and doing something you would not otherwise do...like do karaoke or trivia or just something different for once. Try a different type of excursion. Relax for 4 days. Maybe you'll find something fun if you don't do the same thing every time you go to the same place. Bahamas have my least favorite ports, but they are well developed and have a pretty big variety of things to do. Try some!

It's gonna be as good as you make it...and a negative attitude won't make it good. The ports aren't the most exciting but it's not ALL about the ports, and the ship is nice. You'll be on a cruise, so stop with the dread and start looking forward to it.

I have actually cruised on the Fascination for a 4 day cruise in January and loved it! With the shorter cruises not having a ship that has tons of bells and whistles is actually nice as you don't get off the ship feeling as if you missed out on half the ship has to offer (or possibly pay extra for a fancier ship and never got to experience good portions of it...).

The weather, while not as warm, was still a marvelous break from the cold of winter - and we were still in swimsuits while in the Bahamas. The sea days were a tad cool - but it was also overcast... but made the hot tubs all the more enjoyable.

If I could I would be taking a 4 day on the Fascination every year in January. She is truly a great ship!

Have a marvelous time!

I do not think I have ever had cruise remorse. Every time I book I am so excited that I cannot stand it! My only hesitation on my current booking for this year is that we are spending 3 days in the same port, and I am hoping that I like that. I kind of enjoy waking up to a new island each day when I cruise, so this will be different! I think you should have a good time on your cruise though, find some activities that interest you and go in with an open mind.

You guys are all totally right, I should absolutely be excited about this. I'll be on a cruise, which is one of my favorite ways to vacation, and escaping the January cold of New Jersey.

I just binge watched a bunch of Fascination tour videos on YouTube, and seeing those deck chairs made me smile. :D

For those of you who have been down to the Bahamas in January, how was the water? Too cold to get in? I'm thinking we'll skip the snorkel/sailing trips we usually take and park our butts at a bar on the beach.

If you're thinking of booking another carnival cruise different ship ports etc why don't you call as long as you're giving them money they might be more inclined to help you. Worth a shot I would say better act sooner than later.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Um...regret?

Sleeping in....great food....ship activities....R&R&R;)

Ports....who really cares.....

Actually there is a great spot in Freeport to snorkel. Awesome snorkeling and great service....

After 17 cruises, it is more about the time off and chillaxin...IMHO...

IMG_6236.jpg

Not so much remorse, but while booking my last cruise I was thinking we had been to those ports before, actually twice, three times I have been to one of them, Key West on my own. I wondered if I should book a different cruise, but the timing was perfect, the price was right.

We had a fantastic time including at each port. It just doesn't get old.

The Fascination is a great ship; we had so much fun on there during our first cruise a few years ago. The crew on the Fascination is fantastic. I think you're just having cold feet. ;)

My friends and I are sailing the Fascination later this week with the 4 day Freeport & Nassau itinerary...if it helps, I can let you know how it goes! We are so excited. Even though the ports aren't the most thrilling, there's still plenty to do. It'll be a nice getaway from work for a bit!

The smaller ships are a lot of fun and they have most of the ammenities of the larger ships and without the crowds.

As mentioned Nassau and Freeport are more developed and have many things to do for excursions and in Nassau you can have a lot of fun within walking distance.

Check out the port information from the home page of Cruise Critics.

In Nassau you have plenty of shopping, bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk from the ship.

If you keep walking (right) for another 15 minutes, you will come to Junkanoo Beach that has some fun beach type food vendors and bars. I was in Nassau last January and the water was warm enough to enjoy.

If you walk for about ten more minutes past Junkanoo Beach, there are some small family run food vendors lined up that offer excellent fresh seafood.

If you keep walking there are some regular large restaurants where you can have a good sit down meal.

Have a great time.:cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

Fascination was the first "small" ship that I sailed. We had a blast. It was easy to get around and the staff was excellent.

As for snorkeling in January, may be a bit too cold. Was there last January and a few brave souls were in the water, but lets just say there was some "shrinkage". We watched them from the dock at Fat Tuesdays

A four day Facination Cruise out of Port Canaveral was our first cruise. We won it in a local drawing. We had a small cabin on the Rivera Deck. There is an extra hallway down the middle with very small cabins.

Even though we were cramped and had and upper and lower bunk, it was one of the best cruises ever. We have fond memories of that ship and have cruised on it one other time with an oceanview. Just go and have a great time.

One thing we enjoyed in Nassau was the Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle. They are both just a short, approx. 15 minute, walk from the port. We were able to visit these in the morning, returned to the ship for lunch, and then went snorkeling. The view from the fort of all the ships was great. Have a great cruise!!