Weird Response from Coconut Beach Club

SMN73

I emailed the Coconut Beach Club regarding a day pass for our May cruise. I got a quick response, but a couple things seemed odd. I will post them below...

We are currently not confirming any day passes beyond April 30, 2015 until April 2015. However, see information below on Day passes:

We cannot confirm the use of beach loungers but there is shaded, beach view seating around the bar area.

So I can't confirm them until 30 days before we get there? I thought people confirmed well in advance.

Also, why would I go there and spend $50 to sit at the bar and not be able to use a lounger?

Has anyone else had a strange response like this?

I emailed the Coconut Beach Club regarding a day pass for our May cruise. I got a quick response, but a couple things seemed odd. I will post them below...

We are currently not confirming any day passes beyond April 30, 2015 until April 2015. However, see information below on Day passes:

We cannot confirm the use of beach loungers but there is shaded, beach view seating around the bar area.

So I can't confirm them until 30 days before we get there? I thought people confirmed well in advance.

Also, why would I go there and spend $50 to sit at the bar and not be able to use a lounger?

Has anyone else had a strange response like this?

Do they collect the money in advance?

The loungers on the beach are limited; if you get there later in the day, they will be all taken. I think that's what they meant.

There are loungers by the pool, which is beside the bar. The bar is small - no one was sitting there when we went in November.

You pay at the front desk, and the cab was $16.00 (I think) - I know we gave the driver 20 bucks and he said he would return for us at whatever time we wanted.

It's a nice place to spend the day. My advice is to simply get there as soon as you can. What time does your ship dock? Are there other ships in that day?

That makes sense. I can see people getting upset if there are none available. I'm not opposed to spreading out a towel if push comes to shove. I just think it's a good value for the money.

We are the only ship in port and get there at 7:00am. What time do you suggest we get there?

We are the only ship in port and get there at 7:00am. What time do you suggest we get there?

Awesome. I think we were the only ship too and if I recall, we left relatively early but some others had beat us there. What time do they open? I would think 8:30 is a good time. We prefer to get an early start and head back early afternoon. We took a cab back at 2:30, and then just walked around port for an hour or so. It was a nice day. :)

We visited between Christmas and new year. We paid $4 each for a cab there with a good ti to return. We paid $50 each on arrival. There were 6 of us and only 3 beds left on the beach but lots available around the pool and on a small decked area.

Warning - our taxi said he'd come back for us and when they called him, he'd picked up another fare and wasn't available. It also happened to 17 other people who had come from the ship.

Tip is to book one with the club when you arrive as they have their own drivers but as we didn't, not only could they not help us but claimed to have no phone numbers for taxi companies - it put a real sour taste in our mouths of bad service from the club. They were able to go on the Internet and check their facebook but not look up a number.

In the end we got hold of the original guy and got him to send friends, which he did but it was cutting it fine.

Our group also phoned in the morning to see if we could bring 2 extra but they said they were full but then spoke to people there who said they just turned up without a booking and were let in.

Edited by Tiggertastic

• 1 month later...

We just came back from Coconut Beach Club and were told they are tearing down the hotel in April. Probably this is why they are not taking beach club reservations beyond that point. Also, beach loungers are very limited. We arrived a few minutes after 10:00 and there were only 2 left. Our group of 8 had to sit on towels until about noon when some others were vacated. The bar and pool area were nice and the place is definitely relaxing, but for $50pp I would kind of like a chair. Also, our taxi driver mistakenly took us to Coconut Grove which is on the opposite side of the Coconut Beach Club, so make sure you tell him it is in Yepton.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi I emailed Delvanice from the hotel and she responded it will be closed from May 31, 2015 for approximately 18 months.

That's kind of weird - since we have a reservation there November 2015???:confused:

That's kind of weird - since we have a reservation there November 2015???:confused:

You might want to confirm. I've read multiple places it's being torn completely down in May and being rebuilt.