Deals if you book onboard?

badney

Wondering what sort of deals they offer if you book your next cruise while onboard? Can you use any of your coupons you receive in Departures? Are there any other benefits to booking onboard?

The main advantage to booking onboard is the ship board credit. Generally it is $100 per stateroom for a 7 night cruise and $200 for a 12 night. You still can use whatever discount coupons you have. They also turn over the booking to a TA of your choice so you have follow-up if needed. They give you the best price at the time of booking and if the price goes down you can take advantage of the lower price and still keep the benefits.

.....and if the price goes down you can take advantage of the lower price and still keep the benefits.
How does this work? For UK cruisers make sure that you do appoint a TA when booking on board. My TA will still give me a hefty discount (7% to 8%) for these onboard bookings.

Hi everyone,

I was considering booking another cruise for Christmas 2006 soon. We'll be on a cruise this coming New Year's. I guess I should wait for when I am on the cruise. I just don't want all the cabins to fill up. I think the price for the cruise it quite reasonable as well.

Does anyone know how much credit would one get for a 16 night cruise?

Thanks,

Teri

Yes, you can also get your stockholder credit if you book onboard.

I think $200 is the highest credit you get for booking onboard, no matter how long the cruise is, I'm not absolutely positive though. One thing I have done when I've been worried about the ship filling up is go ahead and book ahead of time. Then book again onboard. When I get home I have my TA either cancel the first booking and refund the initial deposit or have her move the first deposit over to the second booking so I don't owe as much when final payment is due.

You (or your TA) have to watch for the prices to go down. Celebrity won't do it for you. But if you notice it has gone down just have your TA contact them and they will either refund the difference or give you an onboard credit for the difference. I've had it work both ways.

Terri

On cruises 14 & over days the onboard credit is $250. :D

Yes, the stock holder credit is an addition to the onboard credit. :cool:

Our last and our next cruise of 14 days we will have a $450 credit -- onboard booking $200 plus the stock holder credit $250 = $450 credit. :D

Here is the thread to the form which has all the details that you send in to RCCL.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/reports/Shareholder_Benefit_2005.pdf

Terri,

What is a stockholder credit?

We have a Celebrity Credit Card (Amex, but issued by MBNA.. weird) Is there some type of double credit earned if we charge our tab to this card as opposed to another?

Ony our next cruise, we are intending on making a booking, but not sure how we can get the most of it.

I think $200 is the highest credit you get for booking onboard, no matter how long the cruise is, I'm not absolutely positive though. One thing I have done when I've been worried about the ship filling up is go ahead and book ahead of time. Then book again onboard. When I get home I have my TA either cancel the first booking and refund the initial deposit or have her move the first deposit over to the second booking so I don't owe as much when final payment is due.

You (or your TA) have to watch for the prices to go down. Celebrity won't do it for you. But if you notice it has gone down just have your TA contact them and they will either refund the difference or give you an onboard credit for the difference. I've had it work both ways.

Terri

Hello Terri,

We have a Baltic and Trans Atlantic booked for 2006. We also are cruising this November, 2005 to Hawaii.

If we rebook the Baltic and Trans Atlantic during the Hawaii cruise, is there any possibility of losing the cabin we have originally booked? I realize that you essentially end up with 2 cabins booked, then get home and have your TA cancel the original booking.

Do travel agents frown on this practice or are they happy to do it? Our TA has been great as far as getting us the stateroom we wanted.

Thank you for your help. I never thought this would work.:)

Hi I lve in the UK so I know things are a bit different for us, i.e we don't get our deposit back if we cancel.

But I will just give you my latest experience of Celebrity booking etc.

We have returned today from a Baltic cruise on Constellation (mostly great), while on board I decided to price up a couple of cruises, one of which we have already booked with a UK internet agent.

This was for a cruise next May 06 on the Galaxy the price quoted by the Celebrity on board agent was £200 more than my agents price and on top of that did not include flights or transfers ( London Heathrow- Rome return).

So I was pretty pleased we had already booked.

Once again the mystery of the upgrade fairy appeared. i.e people who had booked the same category as us, but who had never sailed with Celebrity before being upgraded to Concierge and us who are supposed to be select members getting exactly the cabin that we had booked, which was fine by the way.

Jean

I have elite status with Celebrity and have asked on board for pricing on my last 3 cruises and was not happy with the prices quotes. On my last two Princess cruises I gave the lovely lady $100 per person for a future cruise. This locked in a on board credit the size of which was based on the days sailed and serves as my deposit when I cruise and you can change you booking once. This is good for 4 years. Love it, wish Celebrity did the same.

We are delighted with our TC cruise in November that we netted $650 on onboard credits & I have proof for each one copied in my folder.

$250 14 nts stockholder credit, $200 booking onboard, $200 VISA onboard credit. But then our cruise to Alaska in May we only get $100 stockholder, $100 onboard booking & $150 VISA so far.

I just booked the 16 night Mercury Westbound Panama Canal Transit for myself and my family for December 23/06. I booked it through the cruise company for now. Since we are going on a cruise this New Year's, I asked the agent how I can go about getting on board credit for this cruise I am booking now. She informed me that while I was on my 2005 New Year's cruise, I would be able to give them my reservation number and they would apply the 200 USD onboard credit to our cabin.

Does anyone know if this is true??

Thanks,

Teri

MACOP : 4 ?'s reference your Celebrity Visa card for onboard credit.

1. Is the card obtained through Celebrity Cruises and who do you contact to get one?

2. In order to get this credit do you need to do the booking on a cruise?

3. Do you need to book the cruise with the Visa card or just pay your onboard account with it?

4. Is a special level required such as Gold, Platinum etc?

Thanks for a reply!!!!!!!!!

Good morning,

Cookie et al, I would like for you to confirm with your TA what I am about to tell you just to be sure things haven't changed, but in the past you could book whatever you wanted now, then book any other cruise of similar length when you are on the ship and transfer the credit to the original booking.

In other words, say you want to go on a 10 night Caribbean cruise Christmas 2006. You could book that now to lock in the price and cabin you want. Then, when you go this New Years, simply book another 10 night cruise. When you get back, transfer the booking and credit to the Christmas 2006 cruise. You will have to pay a deposit for the dummy cruise, but will get it back after you transfer the booking and cancel the dummy one. You could actually book any number of cruises on board the same way and later transfer the credit.

I know it sounds complicated, but a good TA will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for a good topic.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

I just booked the 16 night Mercury Westbound Panama Canal Transit for myself and my family for December 23/06. I booked it through the cruise company for now. Since we are going on a cruise this New Year's, I asked the agent how I can go about getting on board credit for this cruise I am booking now. She informed me that while I was on my 2005 New Year's cruise, I would be able to give them my reservation number and they would apply the 200 USD onboard credit to our cabin.

Does anyone know if this is true??

Thanks,

Teri

I would also like to know since I have 2 August, 2006 cruises booked through an agent.

I booked a cruise in using my Canadian credit card and then had to cancel and rebook in order to get a discounted price. The first booking was done in Canadian $ and the second was in US $. The VISA company charged over $50.00 for the transaction including the conversion rate. Because I had two rooms it ended up costing over $100. After quite an ordeal I VISA agreed to reverse their charges - this time only. I will be very careful about booking, then cancelling and rebooking. I should add that this was done because Celebrity said they needed to give me a new booking number for the change I requested. I don't believe this will not occur if you keep your booking in Canadian funds or US funds, only if you change.

I will add this to my long list of lessons learned.

Archived