Fit Bit available to purchase?

suzzek

Does anybody know if Celebrity shops have a Fit Bit or other similar device available to purchase on board the ship? We will be on Eclipse soon and have som OBC to use. Since I'm in the market for such a device, I thought it would be a good way to use some OBC.

Not that I recall. But I wasn't looking for it either.

If you are looking for a Fitbit endorsement - I love mine! You will get erroneous readings at sea though as the "bounce" of the ship gets read as movement.

Lol, I never thought about the motion of the ship causing false readings, but now that you mention it, I can understand how that works. I was told recently that it won't measure your activity unless your heart rate is elevated to a certain degree. Thanks for your reply.

Have never seen one on board.

Those who have them have reported difficulty with syncing them through the ship's wi fi system, by the way.

There is no need to use wifi to sync. It can be synced to an iPad or phone using BlueTooth. I love mine and try to do 10,000 steps every day.

Sheila

I had good success on a recent cruise using my Garmin VivoFit. I wear it 24/7 and confess it does look a bit jarring with formal attire. Garmin's VivoFit does come in a variety of bracelet colors and you can buy additional colors to use with the basic unit. The Garmin's battery lasts about a year and does not need recharging.

Edited by Gangway Style

Have never seen one on board.

Those who have them have reported difficulty with syncing them through the ship's wi fi system, by the way.

There is no need to use wifi to sync. It can be synced to an iPad or phone using BlueTooth. I love mine and try to do 10,000 steps every day.

Sheila

my tracker is a one - love that I can wear it discretely.

I did have issues with syncing on board. It may have been a setting wrongly toggled on my iPhone. On Day 1 of the cruise, it seemed to work (cellular data off, Bluetooth on), but it all stopped working on day 2 when I signed up for the wifi package; I could not get it to synch with wifi or bluetooth. In the end I just gave up. Fortunately the one holds 7 days of data, so I got to see my stats when I returned. At the time of our sailing, I had an Ipad 2 which did not have Bluetooth. Now I have an Air 2 with Bluetooth, and since there is no cellular package, the Bluetooth should work for synching.