Boarding time text

Am sailing on the Independence this Sunday and also the following week. Am Diamond status. I just received a text from Royal Caribbean regarding boarding times. Curious as I have never received a text like this for past cruises. Basically the text states that to ‘enhance the check-in and boarding experience’ guests are provided with specific boarding times, eg. If your cabin is on Deck 10 please board at 1:00pm, Deck 2/3:30pm and so on. Platinum and above guests are invited to board anytime between 12:30 and 4:30pm. The text requested confirmation of receipt. Is this something new or is it because it is less than a 7 day cruise, or (being cynical) yet another Royal Caribbean cost savings measure? Personally, I usually board early since I have to check out of my hotel room before noon.

I also received this but by email. We are on the Majesty on Friday. Have cruised Majesty recently without any issues of boarding. I would be interested to find out what is initiating this change. I agree that I have status and will board when I want to. However I have been reading that with the newest ships that boarding system has been an very big issue. I will try to send a note on Friday after boarding and before departure for if this were any affects of the email or any other changes.

Karla J.

The idea is to try and ease some of the congestion that can be caused by everyone turning up at once. It sounds though like the boarding process is starting later in general. As you are Diamond you can turn up any time between the suggested boarding times.

These boarding times are already enforced in some areas worldwide but it seems inconsistent. I don't give it long before they are enforced everywhere.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I am on the same cruise this Sunday what time do you think it would be good to get there. I normally get on the ship by 11 but this seems later.

I think 11 is a good time to get there.

It's make me laugh because RCCL is trying to do something to help the complaints about delays in boardings... If they sent you a notification regarding your boarding is to avoid you waiting outside the terminal or somewhere inside of the terminal. Then if they make you to wait for whatever reason they might had, you start complaining about the bad organization and bla bla bla... Hope they start enforcing this rule soon... :cool:

Ignore it and show up when you're ready.

Thanks so much! Was planning on arriving early as I normally do. Appreciate all the great responses. Just seemed curious to me as I just did a back to back in November out of San Juan and never got a text. Embarkation for Allure and Oasis, etc. out of Ft Lauderdale is always top notch (for me anyway), but San Juan embarkation (Jewel of the Seas) was probably the worst I ever encountered. 'Someone' said it is the contractor Royal uses in San Juan......

It's make me laugh because RCCL is trying to do something to help the complaints about delays in boardings... If they sent you a notification regarding your boarding is to avoid you waiting outside the terminal or somewhere inside of the terminal. Then if they make you to wait for whatever reason they might had, you start complaining about the bad organization and bla bla bla... Hope they start enforcing this rule soon... :cool:

Couldn't agree more!