Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale

TerReuv

Can anyone give me any information on the Homewood Suites on Griffin Road in Dania Beach? It looks like it is less than 5 miles from the port. We will be driving in from Atlanta so we are not worried about a cab to the port or a store. We can drive for dinner or anything else. There will be four adults. We were looking at the 2 bedroom suite which has a bathroom for each and then the common area with a kitchenette. The cost (for AAA) in October is only $233, whicih would only be $116.50/couple before taxes. Not a bad deal since it also includes breakfast and we will be there to partake in one of the light dinners.

Just wanting to see if anyone had stayed there and how it was and if it was difficult to get to port. The map makes it look easy. Thanks!

I had a reservation booked for this hotel about 3 years ago. It was booked so far in advance that the credit card I used to hold the room expired. The hotel never contacted us about it and when we arrived to check-in, they had already given our room away (by noon.) We were shocked and they were unapologetic.

Needless to say, we will never stay there but found the Hyatt House on Stirling and have stayed every year since. They also have 2 bedroom suites with a full kitchen, free airport shuttle and breakfast.

Thanks. I did check Trip Advisor and the reviews are varied. Some have some good points, some seem picky and some are wonderful. We can get a great deal on this in October. We go cruising with my parents and we can get a 2 bedroom suite for $233/day. That includes breakfast and one night of the complimentary dinner buffet. This would only be $116.50/couple pretax. Not a bad deal for only two nights before our cruise. Plus, we can use Hilton Honors points for one night.

Just hoping to hear specifically from some folks that had stayed there recently.

I think we are staying there Feb 27th. I have there booked & the Best Western, both on reward points. I am leaning toward Best Western because it is way less Best Western Pts to stay there than it is Hilton Honour Pts to stay at the Homewood, but DH wants Homewood because of the kitchen and it is closer to port. If we do go with Homewood I will report back and let you know how it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can share my opinion on the hotel itself, but not on the transportation to the Ft. Lauderdale port.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites this past December pre-cruise. It was very nice, clean, and the staff was extremely courteous. We had no problems at all. We sailed out of the Port of Miami and it was very easy to get a shuttle there, so I imagine there would be no problem to the port in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm not sure how far it is though.

We have it booked again for later this spring.

Enjoy!

Canadian Disney Mom, I will look forward to hearing how you like it. Thanks for reporting back.

Pambo, glad to hear you liked the place. We are able to use our points for one free night. That means we will only be paying the $116.50 per couple for 2 nights. Not a bad deal hen you consider we will also have breakfast for 4 and the manager's reception and dinner buffet on Thursday night.

Any recommendations for dinner for Friday night? We will be driving down so we are not limited in area for dinner.

I stayed there and loved it..

No comments on port shuttles as I did not use it...staff was nice, food was good....

Reviews on TA anymore are often BS...if the reviewer does not have at least 20 reviews, I pay no attention to them.

Remember, reviews are opinions (and TA does not verify that the stay took place) ..and opinions are, well, like you know what. . .everyone has one...:D:p:eek:

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Edited by megr1125