Celebrity Constellation 10 nights

happycruise2015

We are first timer on Celebrity cruise in June for 10 nights. It includes the following ports: Venice, Italy (2 nights); Dubrovnik, Croatia (2 nights); Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Olympia (Katakolon), Greece; Valletta, Malta; Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy;

I can't find any review on this route. Is this a new route? Any suggestion about the shore excursion? Can we walk around or take local bus? is it safe?

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks

We are first timer on Celebrity cruise in June for 10 nights. It includes the following ports: Venice, Italy (2 nights); Dubrovnik, Croatia (2 nights); Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Olympia (Katakolon), Greece; Valletta, Malta; Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy;

I can't find any review on this route. Is this a new route? Any suggestion about the shore excursion? Can we walk around or take local bus? is it safe?

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I don't believe that itinerary is new. What you need to do is to find your roll call for that cruise. If there isn't much action there, you can check previous roll calls. Since you didn't give the specifics on when you're cruising, I can't give you a link to your roll call. Go to the roll call section, find the section for your ship, and then check the date you're sailing. There you will be able to meet others on your cruise, arrange for shore excursions and/or activities on the ship, and get advice on what to do.

Another resource would be the ports of call section for your specific ports.

Enjoy your cruise!

I don't know if its a new route, but all the ports are safe to walk around. In Venice I'd catch the people mover to Piazzalle Roma then get a vaporetto down the Grand Canal to St Marks Square. In Corfu, the ship will run a shuttle bus to the old town where you can wander and shop. The same in Dubrovnik, but be sure to also walk round the old wall if you are reasonably fit (my Mum did it in her 70s). Katokolon is a bit of a one horse town, so best to go on a tour to Olympia. Ive not been to Kotor or Malta, but no doubt others will have suggestions. Go to the Ports of Call board for lots of info and advice

Oh, just saw i missed Rome. We catch the local train from Civitavecchia to Rome, then metro to the sites. You can buy the Birg ticket at the train station in Civitavecchia for €12 and this includes the return train fare plus free use of metro and buses in Rome. Plenty of info on this on the Italy Ports of Call board, but you really can't go wrong if you follow the crowd walking to the station:)

Edited by suekay

Thanks for the pointer.. I found the roll call for the cruise ship. I'm also a new user on this forum, glad to get help from you guys.. thanks

You're welcome! We were all new once, so keep asking your questions and checking out the resources here and pretty soon you'll be an old hand as well.

Linda

• 4 months later...

Happy Cruiser...my wife and I just booked this cruise today. We are very experienced Celebrity cruisers and are looking to join in private tours in the ports except Venice and Rome. If you have booked private tours and have space, please let me know. Or you can email me directly at srepro@aol.com. Thanks! Bob

Happy Cruiser...my wife and I just booked this cruise today. We are very experienced Celebrity cruisers and are looking to join in private tours in the ports except Venice and Rome. If you have booked private tours and have space, please let me know. Or you can email me directly at srepro@aol.com. Thanks! Bob

hi Bob, we will start to plan our cruise excursion in couple weeks. Will let you know once we have decided our plan.

Thanks

Sounds like a wonderful itinerary. Loved the 2 nights in both Venice and Dubrovnik; had not seen that before. Enjoy!

Welcome to our new cruisers.

I wouldn't wait too much longer to plan those excursions particularly if you do what many of us suggest and link up with others on your Roll Call. I'd imagine most of the self organized tours with great companies like Romeinlimo are already fully booked. Don't forget you are not the only ship in many of the ports.

Venice you can definitely do on your own. You may find admittance tickets to the Doge Palace, for example, require a long line if not pre-purchased.

You can do the old city of Dubrovnik in a single day so seek others who have arranged tours into the countryside and still have space for day two or vice versa.

All the other ports with the exception of Rome are easy. Some are hilly but there should be taxis willing, for a price, to give you a good tour in English.

Civitavecchia, your port, is almost an hour from the center of Rome. Yes, you can get there by train, if there is no strike, but a guided tour via your Roll Call is definitely your best bet. The major sites are not adjacent from each other and public transportation can be taxing if you do not know the routes. And then there is the ever present pickpocket issues on the busses in tourist areas. Leave this wonderful city for a knowledgeable tour guide.

Many of the members of the Roll Call have been participating for a year or more. They have planned and planned and are willing to share so please join them and have a wonderful cruise.