A snow room??? WOW!

jp30338

Thanks!

I hate the cold, live in NY and there is no way I would pay money (or go for free) for a snow room and I certainly will not pay to sit in the ice bar either.

I much rather enjoy my drinks when I'm not freezing! LOL

Well this should go over as well as that fake ice skating rink on the Epic. Some of the older ships had ice cold plunge baths that no one ever used. I wonder what they will turn the space into when it flops? What an idiotic idea.....

Maybe if you live way down south and never get to see snow this would be appealing. But if you are like lots of us who are cruising to get away from it, this would be the last thing you would want to see. I don't need or want any reminders of what I'm going back to at the end of the cruise.

Live down south for a reason. If this is in the spa you will need a pass to use it anyway. Still think it is stupid. Opening the door from warm to cold constantly could ice the floor. Rethink this guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

It is not for everyone as some of the critics here have stated but it is considered part of the sauna therapy in Norwegian & Swedish cultures.

We have people here in MN that plan sauna parties that end up with a romp in the snow before going inside; most find it quite invigorating and fun. Again it is not for everyone and no one says anyone has to go into it; just like any other entertainment that is offered it is not for everyone.

It appears it has a fun intent for those who wish to try it and shows appreciation and respect for those cultures that do it for fun.

Happy and safe cruising all!!

I work on pools, finished my season in mid December. Water and cold air is not for me, but a lot of our customers keep their outdoor spas open year round, a few even keep the pools open as well. They say they use it every day, say there are health benefits. Then there's the polar bear plunge lots of people drawn to that. The only time I want the cold is in the dog days of summer. For some reason I don't feel air conditioning that good. We cruise in the winter to escape the cold, did a summer cruise once saw a temperature of 113 degrees hated it, wanted a snow room then though.:D

You are wet in a bathing suit. Snow is fun with a jacket and gloves. This is not the ice bar. I see people opening the door, peaking in and heading back to the heated beds:)

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

You are wet in a bathing suit. Snow is fun with a jacket and gloves. This is not the ice bar. I see people opening the door, peaking in and heading back to the heated beds:)

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

Since you have strong opinions on this, you must have experienced this. Can you tell us about your experience and why you don't like this? It would help others learn from your experience.

Thanks! :)

Since you have strong opinions on this, you must have experienced this. Can you tell us about your experience and why you don't like this? It would help others learn from your experience.

Hmm cold room/wet bathing suit/women.....

No experience with a snow room, it just hit a nerve because it looks and sounds so stupid:) And it's been that kind of week:p

As I said before some of the older ships had the ice cold plunge pools (again for those who believe dunking in ice cold water has health benefits, which may be true). The salt rooms on Breakaway and Getaway are out there, but at least the crew doesn't have to make sure that the passengers aren't stuck to the walls. The first time we sailed on Breakaway I went into the salt rooms - the room was cool and the tile seats were not heated. Left quickly and never saw anyone in that room the rest of the cruise - seat warmers were either off or not working. On Getaway in Sept. the tile beds were heated and the room was used a lot - including by me for a short time. I suspect that NCL will try to put in some sort of heated seat and/or floor just to let people in wet bathing suits spend 5 minutes in there to have the "experience."

A snow room is a gimmic - "hey we have a snow room in the Caribbean!" There are lots of good things they could put in that space that would be less ridiculous. Most health experts decry the benefits of mud baths, but even those make more sense than the dumb snow room. Maybe when the snow room bombs they will put in more heated beds - there are never enough of them.

I really don't know why this just hit me wrong, but it did:p