QV New years cruise

newone1960

Just back from our first time sailing with Cunard. We had a fantastic time. Loved the cabin, the bed was so comfortable. Probably the best MDR food I have had on a cruise ship. Great atmosphere NYE and the Amsterdam fireworks were impressive. Can't wait to sail Cunard again. :)

Just back from our first time sailing with Cunard. We had a fantastic time. Loved the cabin, the bed was so comfortable. Probably the best MDR food I have had on a cruise ship. Great atmosphere NYE and the Amsterdam fireworks were impressive. Can't wait to sail Cunard again. :)

I am glad you had a good time, hopefully it will not be too long before your next Cunard voyage.

Pleased to hear you had such a good time on QV.

We were on just before you over Christmas and had a wonderful time. We were waitlisted to stay on for the 5 Days over New Year but, sadly, nothing came available. We were really disappointed but have now booked QE for Christmas/New Year so looking forward to that.

Hope you soon cruise with Cunard again - it's very addictive!!

We were on this cruise too and loved it! I thought Cunard did a terrific joyb with New Year. It was great to see all the fireworks from the deck in Amsterdam at midnight and then go to the lobby and have another party an hour later on British time. The champagne was flowing and the live music was great. I heard the party in the disco went on until it was light outside.

The staff were terrific throughout the cruise.

We did think the food in the main dining room wasn't so great. Same with the Lido. We had dinner at 'Bamboo" the first night and the food was spotty. The last night we had dinner at 'Coriander' and the curries were really good but the apetizers weren't.

Another highlight of the cruise was going on an excursion to Ypres to see the British WW1 memorial sites. I had never been there before and it was very moving. Ypres is a beautiful medieval town and we plan to go back there.

We were on this cruise too and loved it! I thought Cunard did a terrific joyb with New Year. It was great to see all the fireworks from the deck in Amsterdam at midnight and then go to the lobby and have another party an hour later on British time. The champagne was flowing and the live music was great. I heard the party in the disco went on until it was light outside.

The staff were terrific throughout the cruise.

We did think the food in the main dining room wasn't so great. Same with the Lido. We had dinner at 'Bamboo" the first night and the food was spotty. The last night we had dinner at 'Coriander' and the curries were really good but the apetizers weren't.

Another highlight of the cruise was going on an excursion to Ypres to see the British WW1 memorial sites. I had never been there before and it was very moving. Ypres is a beautiful medieval town and we plan to go back there.

Hi Juicyjuju,

oh, we did have a terrifically, brilliant good time on NYE. Enjoyment and merriment was had by all. Yes, dancing in the disco until my feet at 3am would take no more.!

We thought same as you about the MDR food on this cruise, especially desserts -they were just not up to normal standards and Petit Four's were horrible - looked to me like left over square sponge bits from a previous cruise ! They didn't look very appetising at all.

Didn't we all have a good, good time. :)