Current Sanitisation measures in place on Diamond Princess

Just wondering how much does the visits to the medical centre cost and do you get charged for the nurse to visit the cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were charged $93 for total treatment including injection, medications and nurse visits

I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised and queried the amount with the nurse as I was expecting a minimum account of $400 plus

Not even worthwhile claiming on Travel Insurance as our excess was more than that

John

We were charged $93 for total treatment including injection, medications and nurse visits

I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised and queried the amount with the nurse as I was expecting a minimum account of $400 plus

Not even worthwhile claiming on Travel Insurance as our excess was more than that

John

Very lucky indeed, I have heard some horror stories about expenses from medical on board.:D

Johndon we were on the Dawn Princess with the outbreak just before your Christmas cruise.

The crew did two full day sanitising both in Melbourne and there had to be 72 hours of no new cases before they could allow people to self serve. The crew were constantly cleaning to try and get rid of it. Biggest problem was this virus can be anywhere from the rail on the stairs to the computer room, library,lifts, every wall wherever someone who has the virus touches. We had one very annoyed Captain and rightly so, who because of a couple of guests his crew had to re sanitize the ship about an hour after they had finished because these guests who were confined to their cabin decided that blow the rest of us they were walking around the ship.

We were lucky we did not get it, a couple of things I think helped, we made sure we did not touch anything in our cabin until were had washed our hands for 20sec under running water and had tissues with us if we needed to touch anything and disposed of them asap after using, used the stairs rather than the lift (I know it is not possible for everyone to do that but if they used a tissue to push the floor number it may help.

THE CREW WERE AMAZING EVERYONE OF THEM HAD A HUGE WORKLOAD DURING THAT CRUISE OF 18 DAYS.

We started our cruise in Auckland on the 2nd Dec we departed Melbourne twice and the late departure on the 16th Dec for the cruise back to Auckland was because the Harbour Master closed the port due to the weather

My mum and I are on the Diamond on the 22nd Jan so here is hoping they have it under control by then.:)

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the HAL ms Oosterdam departed 2 January. We had 3 days of 'Code Red' - basically no self serve, no B&B on the table, lots of visible cleaning, restricted kids club activities.

On day 2 it was announced that 3 people from Brisbane had symptoms of GI disease (think they were blaming those Qlders!) which is why it was three days rather than the expected two. A letter from the captain said the code red was due to the recurring levels of issues on cruise ships and a request from public health authorities.

A staff member told me that they only needed to have 0.8% of passengers & crew with GI symptoms to go to code red. Also that one cruise she had been on, the kids club had been closed completely due to risk of infection.

Mind you, after all the sanitation done at the start they were running out of sanitiser and the machines were not working properly for the last few days :mad: