Istanbul hotels and Info please

We stayed at the Boutique Hotel St Sophia and loved it - we had a balcony overlooking the Hagia Sophia. We were there for 3 nights pre-cruise and it was great for all the sights as it was within a minute of Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and we could check when it looked quiet for the Cisterns and nip in.

http://boutiquesaintsophia.com/

The hotel included the airport shuttle as we were there for 3 nights - they were also great at organising things and directing us places, also the rooms were immaculately clean. They even managed to deal with my DH gluten free requirements - couldn't fault them.

One evening, there was a classical concert at the Hagia Sophia and sitting on the balcony looking that the stained glass windows and sipping a drink is one of my best memories of Istanbul!

We stayed at the Boutique Hotel St Sophia and loved it - we had a balcony overlooking the Hagia Sophia. We were there for 3 nights pre-cruise and it was great for all the sights as it was within a minute of Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and we could check when it looked quiet for the Cisterns and nip in.

http://boutiquesaintsophia.com/

The hotel included the airport shuttle as we were there for 3 nights - they were also great at organising things and directing us places, also the rooms were immaculately clean. They even managed to deal with my DH gluten free requirements - couldn't fault them.

One evening, there was a classical concert at the Hagia Sophia and sitting on the balcony looking that the stained glass windows and sipping a drink is one of my best memories of Istanbul!

Thanks for the suggestion. Love it.

Hi All,

trying to decide which one for a post cruise stay of 3 days. Probably can't go wrong with either, but, the more I read the more confused I become, as usual. :-) We like close proximity to sights and restaurants, quiet, charm and good service. Does anyone know about the difference between double, superior and deluxe rooms at the Sirkeci mansion? Thank you in advance.

Judy

Hi All,

trying to decide which one for a post cruise stay of 3 days. Probably can't go wrong with either, but, the more I read the more confused I become, as usual. :-) We like close proximity to sights and restaurants, quiet, charm and good service. Does anyone know about the difference between double, superior and deluxe rooms at the Sirkeci mansion? Thank you in advance.

Judy

I loved Sirkecki Mansion and highly recommend it. The double room I stayed in was on the third floor with a view of the Palace gardens and overlooking the street. It is a very wonderful area, more convenient to both the the Galata bridge as well as Topkapi Palace but only 10 minutes walk from Sultanahmet, very easy. I could barely hear the call to prayer in early morning. The views from the roof are of the Bosphorus, rather than hagia sophia, which may matter to you, but they are still very nice. I preferred the area to the much more touristy Sultanhamet as it was quieter at night. There are hundreds of shops all around and they are brightly lit up so walking at all hours is very safe there. I was by myself and walked around to the shops as late as midnight.

Where Sirkecki Mansion separates itself are the outstanding private tours they give to their patrons. You can check out the website but there is a food tour, a tour to the Greek district, and a tour to the back streets of Sultanhamet as well as wine tasting and a cooking class. I think all but the food tour are free and the food tour cost is minimal. Our guide, Okay, who works at the hotel was excellent and you really got to see lesser known parts of Istanbul you will not see otherwise.

I am so extremely picky about hotels and this one is one of the best anywhere especially for the price. The staff is unbelievable as far as customer service goes. You can pay extra for a larger room with a balcony on a higher floor, but i found the double to be fine for my needs. If you are particular about bedding, the beds were extremely comfortable with duvets, no bedspreads and high quality linens. The pillows were so comfortable i wanted to purchase one!:D

It also has an on site pool and hamam if you re interested in that. Honestly, I dont think you can go wrong at this hotel.