Jade Venice Disembarking

We are planning to buy our train tickets from Venice to Florence at the end of our cruise in May. Really do not know how early of a train we can book. Looking at the 10:30 but don't want to take the chance of missing. We will plan to walk off with our carry on luggage, I know we can do this sooner.

What has been your experience in Venice leaving the ship?

CT

We are planning to buy our train tickets from Venice to Florence at the end of our cruise in May. Really do not know how early of a train we can book. Looking at the 10:30 but don't want to take the chance of missing. We will plan to walk off with our carry on luggage, I know we can do this sooner.

Getting to train station by 10:30 should be doable but I'm a bit puzzled about "walking off with our carry on luggage, I know we can do this sooner" - that is how disembarkation normally happens, you walk off with your carry-ons and collect the rest from the terminal.

If you are referring to walking off with all of your luggage (easy walk-off), that may or may not be available in Venice because of restrictions set by the port authority. When we disembarked last June, it was specifically stated on the disembarkation insturctions that easy walk-off is not available when disembarking in Venice. Don't remember seeing that mentioned in 2013 when we disembarked there last time.

but I'm a bit puzzled about "walking off with our carry on luggage, I know we can do this sooner" - that is how disembarkation normally happens, you walk off with your carry-ons and collect the rest from the terminal.

If you are referring to walking off with all of your luggage (easy walk-off), that may or may not be available in Venice because of restrictions set by the port authority. When we disembarked last June, it was specifically stated on the disembarkation insturctions that easy walk-off is not available when disembarking in Venice. Don't remember seeing that mentioned in 2013 when we disembarked there last time.

I was wondering about this too and can say as well that our experience on the Jade in August 2013 was the same........easy walk-off was not available in Venice, so unless you ONLY have carry-on baggage, you would have to retrieve your suitcases from the terminal.

What has been your experience in Venice leaving the ship?

CT

if you are disembarking on Saturday there may be about 6 other ships in port that day as peak disembarkation day

that means potential queues at people mover,alilaguna etc methods of public transport away from port

that will be the main consideration as to how long will take to get to train station

I was wondering about this too and can say as well that our experience on the Jade in August 2013 was the same........easy walk-off was not available in Venice, so unless you ONLY have carry-on baggage, you would have to retrieve your suitcases from the terminal.

Yes we have a carry on luggage only. The port schedule indicates 4 ships in port that day including the Jade. Looks like we should take the 11am train, to be safe.

CT

Even though we had to retrieve 2 suitcases from the Terminal, we were off the ship by 9:00am. But we were staying 2 nights in Venice so had no travel plans for that day.......other than trekking over 2 bridges to our hotel in August heat!! :eek:. I think you're wise to book the later train.

Enjoy your trip on the Jade, she's a lovely ship! :)