Ultimate vs Premium

We're trying to decide between these packages & need a little information.

What is the charge for the fresh squeezed OJ? Is it only available @ breakfast?

Is the Premium Coffee only hot coffee or does it include the frozen coffee drinks? We'll be on the Legend. Where would the premium coffee be available onboard?

It's a long cruise & we've determined we definitely want a package. Now it's just a question of which one!

We're trying to decide between these packages & need a little information.

What is the charge for the fresh squeezed OJ? Is it only available @ breakfast?

Is the Premium Coffee only hot coffee or does it include the frozen coffee drinks? We'll be on the Legend. Where would the premium coffee be available onboard?

It's a long cruise & we've determined we definitely want a package. Now it's just a question of which one!

Premium coffee is expresso, cappucino, and latte. I believe there are some frozen coffee drinks too. Legend has these available at Cafe Latte-Tudes.

Fresh squeezed OJ is around $4. Don't know if it's available at other than breakfast in WJ and the MDR.

Thanks! I love the fresh squeezed juice but DH doesn't care one way or the other. Not sure what I want to do but now I have a better idea of what it will cost if I just pay for the juice in the mornings. The coffee drinks are something I enjoy but not necessarily on a daily basis.

I know I can upgrade onboard so maybe I'll wait to see how it goes & upgrade if it seems practical once we've had a few days trying things out.

You can get freshly squeezed orange, or any other fruit, at the Vitality Cafe all day with the Ultimate package. You also get freshly squeeze orange at the cafe promenade all day. When on the Oasis in Dec, one of us took out the ultimate package for the added juice and coffee and the other took the premium package. Worked out perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! I love the fresh squeezed juice but DH doesn't care one way or the other. Not sure what I want to do but now I have a better idea of what it will cost if I just pay for the juice in the mornings. The coffee drinks are something I enjoy but not necessarily on a daily basis.

I know I can upgrade onboard so maybe I'll wait to see how it goes & upgrade if it seems practical once we've had a few days trying things out.

You may want to try the "free" OJ at breakfast first. That may determine whether you can live with it, or you fnd it's worth it to have the fresh squeezed.

I have had the Premium package in the past but am considering the Ultimate package this time. One question about the Unlimited package however...does anyone know if "specialty coffees" includes something like an Irish Coffee?

Edited by Hawkcigar

You can get freshly squeezed orange, or any other fruit, at the Vitality Cafe all day with the Ultimate package. You also get freshly squeeze orange at the cafe promenade all day. When on the Oasis in Dec, one of us took out the ultimate package for the added juice and coffee and the other took the premium package. Worked out perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You shared the juice & coffee?

You may want to try the "free" OJ at breakfast first. That may determine whether you can live with it, or you fnd it's worth it to have the fresh squeezed.

That's what I'm thinking. I can upgrade if I want after I've tried it for a couple of days.

You shared the juice & coffee?

...No, I don't drink coffee and my partner doesn't bother about freshly squeezed juice....so we only purchased one Ultimate package. We would go to the Vitality cafe every day for the juice, and he could get his coffee at other venues.

We originally had the same thought and went with the Premium package. It turned out on a 7 day cruise, I only had 1 fresh squeezed OJ and 2 speciality coffees..It was definitely better to just pay for those than have the extra $10 each day.

I saw a poster's question if you could get Irish Coffee with the Ultimate. I was able to get that with the Premium package. The liquor is included and the coffee was regular, not considered to be "specialty". YMMV with this, but that was my experience onboard Allure in Jan 2014.

I, too, am trying to decide between Premium and Ultimate. I enjoy specialty coffees and OJ first thing in morning and again after dinner. Since I will be having a total hip replacement when I return from my cruise on Allure, I want to pamper myself.:o I know I can get my coffee at the Café Promenade before going to breakfast but can I also get my coffee and a fresh squeezed OJ in the MDR and all of the specialty restaurants?:confused: If this is positive, I will definitely opt for the Ultimate!;)

Edited by SilkySal
add word

can I also get my coffee and a fresh squeezed OJ in the MDR and all of the specialty restaurants?

I know you can get specialty coffee in the MDR and specialty restaurants, but I don't think you can get fresh squeezed OJ from all restaurants at dinner time. The OJ might be only Windjammer and MDR at breakfast.

Why don't you wait to purchase your package until you are onboard? Then you can ask specifically about the OJ availability on that ship, since it might vary ship to ship.

I know you can get specialty coffee in the MDR and specialty restaurants, but I don't think you can get fresh squeezed OJ from all restaurants at dinner time. The OJ might be only Windjammer and MDR at breakfast.

Why don't you wait to purchase your package until you are onboard? Then you can ask specifically about the OJ availability on that ship, since it might vary ship to ship.

I agree! We usually do wait to purchase our drink packages after we board, since RCCL offers no incentive/discount for pre-purchasing them.:( Don't think the OJ will be a deal breaker for me either but will ask that question anyway. This cruise, our destination is the ship, so I want to be pampered as much as possible before going under the knife!!:eek: As always, thanks for the advice Clarea!;)